CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: The ghost

"Everyone get behind me. Mike let her go." Said William.

"Are you crazy she'll kill us." Said Ben.

"You must be Ben. Anyone else in this group would listen to me." Said William.

Everyone had listened to Will and so did Ben. Then Mike let her go. She growled at him. He advanced and hit her it the arm with a needle. She fell asleep.

"What..what the hell." Said Bella after she woke up.

"Do us a favor and never listen to your father." Said Beverly sitting next to her.

"I have to go. Call me when its over."  Said Bella walking out of the room.

"She'll be back." Said William.
---------------------------------------------------------
Bella sat at her moms grave. Tears flowing down her face. The sun was coming up over the corn fields. The corn was illuminated with the light. Bella remembered Stanley. He's eyes, his blonde curly hair, his smile that always made her feel better. She didn't want it to be over. She didn't want him to be gone. Bella felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw Stanley. She smiled.

"You look the same age." Said Bella.

"That's because I am. I'm the age you remember me as." Said Stanley sitting next to her.

"You broke my heart. When I didn't think I had one." Said Bella crying again.

"I'm so sorry. I just couldn't face him again. I never forgot. It was you that's why I dreamed about that week so long ago. I just couldn't forget." Said Stanley holding her hand.

"You aren't real. Its just my brain trying to understand why you left me." Said Bella pushing him away.
Her hands went though his body.

"I am real. I'm just a ghost now. I didn't want to leave you but my parents got new jobs out of town. I watch as you faded away from the window. And I tried to talk to you afterwards but all that came back was letters from everyone else. I didn't know where you were. I'm so sorry." Said Stanley tears gathering in his eyes.

"Your a ghost. You tried to reach me. I was at Richie's then I moved in with Mike." Said Bella looking into his eyes.

"Mike! Are you two a.." Said Stanley.

"No no no! We're not. I promise." Said Bella.

"What are you going to do." Said Stan playing with Bella's golden bronze hair.

"Sit here till they call." Said Bella laying back.

"Do you want me to stay?" Said Stan laying back also.

"Yes please. Just a little longer." Said Bella closing her eyes

"How ever long you want I'm yours." Whispered Stanley into her ear.