Chapter 37

Shawn took me to the city park where we had our first kiss. He took my hand and helped me from the car. He walked me to a park bench near the pond. Neither of us barely spoke a word until we reached the park bench. 

"Do you still care about me?" Shawn asked softly, randomly.

"Yes, of course," I answered reluctantly.

"Why do I feel like there's a but in there?"

"I'm just so confused. I've never had feelings for two great guys before. I don't want to be responsible for hurting either one of you."

"Just listen to your heart," he said, echoing Savannah. He paused for a moment to stare into my eyes. "No matter what happens, I'll always be here for you. Always." He gave me a soft kiss, making my spine tingle. A few tears ran down my cheeks.

"I - I'm not sure what it's saying yet."

Shawn wiped at a tear with his thumb. "Take your time. You want to go get me that tux now." 

I gave him a smile. "Sure."

I watched intently as Shawn tried on a couple tuxedos. He was so handsome. Who am I kidding, he was picturesque. He was just as beautiful on the inside too. Suddenly, he waved at someone behind me. I turned in my chair to see who it was, and saw the horde of young girls looking through the large window of the shop. They were waving and smiling from ear to ear.

I was deep in thought while I was waiting for him to make his decision. I tried listening to my heart, but other than swooning over Shawn, it was currently silent. Then something occurred to me. Shawn is willing to give me the opportunity to choose between him and Jeffrey, but I don't even know if Jeffrey is willing to be a part of the competition.

Shawn finally decided on a charcoal gray tuxedo, a white long sleeved dress shirt, and a light blue bow tie to match my dress. After we left the dress shop, he stood outside taking selfies and signing autographs. A couple of the girls even invited me to be in their picture, making me feel special.

"Would you like to go back to my hotel room? I have something I want to show you?" He asked, once we were back in the car.

My heart fluttered. "Yes. Of course."

He took my hand and led me through the lobby and toward the elevators. We stepped onto the one that opened, luckily it was empty. He gave me a sidelong glance and smiled. "There's something I've been wanting to do since I met you." He moved so that he was standing right in front of me, my back was up against the cool metal wall of the elevator. My core tingled with excitement just before he placed his free hand over my cheek and kissed me ever so passionately. I let my body sink into the wall of the elevator for support, as I melted all over.

I wanted the kiss to last longer, but the elevator dinged when it stopped at another floor. Shawn moved back to his spot next to me, leaving me breathless. A father and mother stepped on with their blonde pig-tailed daughter, who looked about five or six years old. She was adorable. I'm pretty sure my cheeks were pink from my blushing. 

When the elevator began moving again, the little girl looked at Shawn and I, and Shawn gave her a smile and a wave. Without responding, she looked up at her parents. "Daddy, I think those two have been kissing."

"Callie!" The mom exclaimed.

"Shush!" The dad told her. "I'm sorry about that," the dad said to us.

Shawn and I both snickered. "No problem," Shawn replied to the father. 

When we entered his hotel room and he motioned to the large white sofa situated in the middle of the room. "Sit please," he ordered softly. 

I sat down and watched as he retrieved his guitar from the bedroom. He sat in a burgundy chair that was placed right across from the sofa. "Sometimes I can tell someone how I feel with a song instead of words."

I didn't speak, I only nodded.

He began playing a beautiful tune before singing these words:

I know that we just met
Maybe this is dumb
But it feels like there was something from the moment that we touched
'Cause it's alright, it's alright
I wanna make you mine

The way you're lighting up the room
Caught the corner of my eye
We can both sneak out the back door
We don't have to say goodbye
'Cause it's alright, it's alright
To waste time tonight

Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then I don't ever want to grow up
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
It'd be cool if it's the two of us
But I don't ever want to grow up

'Cause I got it all
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, yeah
All, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
And I got it all

Those were the only words he was able to sing before I closed the distance between us and kissed him. Hard.

While still kissing me, he laid the guitar on the coffee table and pulled me into his lap. "I love you Alyssa," he whispered into my ear.

"Then show me."

His body froze. "Are you sure?" 

I nodded yes, and stood up onto my feet.

Shawn got up from the chair and took my hand. Without saying a word, he walked me to his bedroom.