Chapter 30

I was completely shocked at his words. "What do you mean you were talking about me?"

He sighed heavily. "I asked Heather if she thought I should tell you how I truly feel about you."

My heart quickly dropped into my stomach just like the drop tower ride. "How do  you feel about me Jeffrey?" I asked him softly.

He smiled and shook his head. "It's not going to do any good if I tell you. You're with a celebrity now for God's sake."

"I need to know." 

He walked over to me and stood right in front of me. His beautiful blue eyes bored into mine. "Would it make a difference? Look me in the eye and tell me it would make a difference if I told you I care about you? Would you dump Shawn?"

I could feel tears begin to sting the back of my eyes. I couldn't answer him, I didn't know what to say. I just stood there, in the near dark, staring at him. If only we could've had this conversation months ago, everything would be different. I would probably be jumping into his arms with joy, but things are different now. I began rubbing a finger over my necklace that Shawn had given me. I care about Shawn.

Jeffrey threw his arms up in the air. "That's what I thought. You have a good night, and be careful driving home." He turned and began walking toward his car.

"Jeffrey wait!" I called after him, but I'm not sure why. I just knew I didn't want him to leave me yet.

He turned and took a couple of steps toward me again. "What?"

I couldn't say anything. I just stared at him again. God, he was so beautiful standing in the moonlight. A part of me, and I do mean a large part, wanted to run into his arms and kiss him forever.

"What do you want Alyssa?" He asked softly.

One of the tears broke free and strolled down my cheek. "I don't..." I couldn't find the words to finish my sentence. I was so confused. I don't know what, or who, I want. Do I?

Jeffrey nodded. "Yeah. I'll see you around." He said before he turned and jogged to his car.

I cried all the way home.

Shawn called me about thirty minutes after I arrived home. 

"Is everything okay Angel?" He asked within the first two minutes of speaking to me.

I tried to fake a happy voice. "Yeah, everything's fine. I guess I'm just tired from work." My mind suddenly flashed back to Jeffrey from only an hour ago.

"Have you decided what you're going to do about prom next weekend?" 

"Yeah, I think Jen, Savannah, and I are all going together. A girls night out as Jen calls it."

"That sounds like fun."

"I think we can make the best out of it. Who needs a date to have a good time, right?"

"That's my girl!"

On Saturday, I went shopping with Jen and Savannah. Savannah still needed a dress, while Jen and I needed shoes. At first I hadn't told them about what happened with Jeffrey the night before, but my friends know me too well.

"I know something is bothering you, now spill it," Jen had said to me over lunch.

I decided to tell them everything. and I watched as Jen's eyes widened from shock. Savannah, on the other hand, didn't seem the least bit surprised. Instead, she only smiled.

"Okay, why don't you seem surprised?" I finally asked her.

She shrugged. "I don't know, I guess I could just tell there was something going on there. My love radar would go off every time you two were near."

Jen gave her a sidelong glance, her brows creased. "Your love  radar? How come we never knew about this, so called, love radar  before?"

"Well, you know now," Savannah smirked before her expression turned more serious. "Seriously though, how do you feel about Jeffrey?" She asked me.

My eyes suddenly dropped, and focused on my sub sandwich. "I think you already know how I feel."

"But, then there's Shawn, who's a worldwide celebrity," Jen stated. "You know you're going to have to choose eventually."

"I don't think I am."

"Why?" Savannah asked curiously.

"Because I'm afraid that Jeffrey has decided for me."

***

Savannah dropped Jen off first, before taking me home. We were mostly quiet on the ride between Jen's house and mine as I was deep in thought. 

Savannah was the first to break the silence. "I know it's none of my business Lyssa, but I really think you should listen to your heart. I mean, I know it's cool that a celebrity is interested in you. No scratch that, that's way better than cool, that's a dream  come true. And if that celebrity just happens to be your true love then that's one in a million, but..."

I interrupted her before she could finish. "I agree with what you're saying."