Chapter 39

Jeffrey and I went back into the dining room, but Shawn wasn't there. We went into the ballroom and spotted Shawn dancing with Jen, Savannah, and Britney. He looked like he was having the time of his life.

Then he spotted Jeffrey and I, and he made his way over to us. He gestured a handshake from Jeffrey. "Hi, I'm Shawn. Nice to finally meet you Jeffrey."

Jeffrey shook Shawn's hand. "I know who you are. So, you two have talked about me?" His expression was filled with surprise and wonder.

"This girl thinks the world of you. Treat her like a queen."

Jeffrey smiled. "I plan on it."

"Well, I promised Britney I would sing her a song." He then gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll always be here for you if you need me," he whispered into my ear. 

We watched as he made his way to the stage, and all the girls went crazy. He sang Something Big. The dance floor was suddenly flooded, every person at the prom was dancing.

About an hour later, Shawn and I said our goodbyes and he caught a red-eye flight back to Canada. 

His last words still rang in my ears. I meant what I said, I will always be here for you if you need me. He kissed me goodbye and left for his hotel.

Heather took Jeffrey and I home, while Jen and Savannah got a ride home with Britney.

I tried to talk Jeffrey out of walking me to my front door, but he insisted. 

"What now?" I asked him.

He brushed a stray hair from my face. "We'll figure it out as we go. As long as I have you in my life, nothing else matters." And then he kissed me goodnight. A sweet, gentle kiss. A kiss that showed me how he felt.

Later that night, I fell asleep with relief in knowing that I made the right decision. The celebrity life is not for me, it's for Shawn. It suits him.

*****

The next day, I opened my desk drawer and pulled out the college application for Clemson, and began filling it out. After last night, I felt like I could face any obstacle head on. I have to at least try to follow my dream. Like Thomas. A. Knight said: if you try, you might fail, but if you don't try, you'll never succeed. 

*****

Two Weeks Later

One Saturday, two weeks later, I received a video text from Jen. It was a music video. Shawn's new music video for a song titled Stitches.

I hit play and began watching, and listening. After hearing the words, I suddenly felt sick. 

Could this song be about me? I thought.

The End...possibly

________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading!

Please be sure to check out Never Be Alone 2.

Also, if you have a moment - would you mind answering at least 2 or more of these questions regarding the story:

Did the story hold your interest from the very beginning? If not, why not?Did the setting interest you, and did the descriptions seem vivid and real to you?Was there a point at which you felt the story started to lag or you became less than excited about finding out what was going to happen next? Where, exactly?Were there any parts that confused you? Or even frustrated or annoyed you? Which parts, and why?Did you notice any discrepancies or inconsistencies in time sequences, places, character details, or other details?Were the characters believable? Are there any characters you think could be made more interesting or more likable?Did the dialogue keep your interest and sound natural to you? If not, whose dialogue did you think sounded artificial or not like that person would speak?Did you feel there was too much description or exposition? Not enough? Maybe too much dialogue in parts?Was there enough conflict, tension, and intrigue to keep your interest?Was the ending satisfying? Believable?