Part 14

~~Roman~~

I took a seat at the other side of the cafe of Patton so I could see them and still be far away enough so that they can't see me.

I hear the bell at the door and look over to see a shorter man dressed in black with purple. I get even more curious when I see him look around, spot Logan and Patton then hide behind another customer and look around frantically for a seat.

I decide to take a risk. He's about to be spotted so I get out of my seat, grab him by the arm and pull him into my booth.

"What the hell man?!?!?!" He says with a furious expression.

"Keep your voice down!" I say whisper-shouting.

"Who the hell are you!?" He yells

"Shush! You'll get us spotted!" I whisper-shout again.

"Wh-MMPPHHH????" He begins to yell but I shove my hand over his mouth.

"I take it by how you acted when you walked in that you are also here to spy on Patton and Logan. So if you don't keep it down we're gonna be spotted!" I whisper furiously.

"Fine!" He whispers

I look over at the pair on the other side of the cafe, so does the shorter man across from me.

Logan smiles at what I'm guessing was a joke Patton said. I thought that this was normal but my assumptions are interrupted by the man across from me.

"Look! Logan is smiling!" He says, clearly in shock.

"Yeah..... So?"

"You don't get it! Logan smiling is a pretty rare occurrence!" He says clearly confused at the pair.

"He doesn't smile?" I say while laughing a little.

"What is he like an anti-Patton?" I say while trying to hold back my laughter.

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID ABOUT PATTON!" He says

"My god shush!" I say frantically.

"...sorry........." he says whispering.

"So... what's your name emo nightmare?"

He stays silent for a moment ten looks down at the table.

"...virgil sanders....."

"That's a great name! Mine is Roman! Roman Prince!"

"Nice to meet you.... Princey." He says while smirking.

I feel my face heat up ever so slightly when I hear the nickname.

"Hey let's focus back on the couple over there." I say gesturing at Logan and Patton.

"So... how do you know Logan?" I ask.

"Known him since we were in high school. Teacher paired us together because we were the only ones with no friends and we've been close ever since. A while ago he helped me out when I was struggling by getting me a job at his office. So honestly..... he's the only reason I'm not homeless."

"Woah... I didn't know that he was such a good friend..."

I start to think if this guy is really good enough for Pat. If he's that good of a friend maybe he's worthy of my approval.

"So what about you? How do you know Patton?" He asks curiously.

God he's cute... What? No... I'm straight. Not gay, definitely not gay.

"Well I met him in kindergarten when he asked me why I climbed on top of the monkey bars and starting singing someday my prince will come." I say, embarrassed.