Part 26

~~Virgil~~

"SURPRISE!" I jolt my head up to see Logan, Roman and Patton standing there smiling with party poppers. I look around to see my that my living room is cleaner than it usually is and the room is full of decorations and balloons.

"What's all this? How'd you get in to my apartment?" I ask I surprise as they smile widely at me.

"It's a party with just the four of us!" Patton squeals excitedly.

"And Logan used his spare key." Roman tells me.

"We thought that you'd prefer a small gathering with your friends rather than having to make a lot of awkward small talk to acquaintances." Logan says and they all nod in agreement.

I smile happily to myself.

These weirdos know me too well.

"Thank you. It's perfect." I say to them and they all beam back at me.

"BIRTHDAY HUG TIME!" Patton yells in a not so inside voice. I groan, Logan shifts uncomfortably and Roman beams at us. Before we can object Patton has us all gathered in a hug.

Okay, okay, maybe it's a nice hug.

After a minute or two he releases us.

"Party time!" Roman shouts and grabs my arm.

"Nope, food first." I pull my arm from his grasp and walk over to Logan at the food table.

"Thank Lo." I say as I grab a mousse cup and he turns to me.

"For what?" He asks as he pours himself a glass of water.

"I'm assuming the whole party with just the four of us was your idea." He looks at me with a slight smile.

"It was, but I've had the advantage and the pleasure of knowing you for years." He explains.

He's a great friend...

"You know me too well." I remark and he smirks before taking his drink and making his way over to Patton and Roman. I look over and see that my small table has a broken leg.

"Uhh guys, what happened to my table?" I ask and they exchange a few looks.

"Present time?" Roman suggests and I exhale sharply.

"Fine. But I do want an explanation eventually."

I wait for a minute in the living room while they walk into the hall to go get their gifts.

They come back in holding wrapped boxes.

Patton is the first to step forward.

"I got you these! I hope you like them!" He hands me three presents messily wrapped in baby blue wrapping paper covered in cartoon dogs and ribbons tied around each of them.

I take the smallest, oddly shaped one and tear off the paper with ease.

It's three bracelets.

There's a cream colored one with my star sign on it, a black one with a raven like design and finally a black and purple thicker one with a storm cloud charm woven into it.

Did he make these?

"Woah Pat, these are amazing..." I run my fingers over the delicacy of their making.

"You like them? I made them myself! It was really fun ordering the charms and I used to do it all the time when I was younger!" He exclaims and I slip them onto my wrist.

"Thank you."

"Now open the other ones!" He says and pushed the best one onto my lap.

It's a bit bigger than the last one and much heavier. I tear off the paper and see that it's a mug with the words 'No.1 Dark Strange Son.' across it. I let out a laugh and thank Patton again for the amazing gift. He places a final present from him onto my lap and grins giddily. I can tell that this one is his favorite.