49

Sendoh's POV

"Ah, thank you, thank you so so much, Sarashima-chan!!" Hikoichi bowed repeatedly, offering it as a sign of gratitude towards Yoko. His tears were pouring like heavy rain on his cheeks.

"You're welcome, Hikoichi-kun!"

"Thank you for helping our manager, Yoko."

Yoko flinched as she reddened.

"Ya---Yan- YAN-CHAN! Sendoh-san just called me by my first name!!! YAN-CHAN!!"

"Yoko. Breathe. Breathe. Don't hyperventilate." Ayane giggles, rubbing her friend's back.

"Saying Sarashima all the time is long so I hope you're fine with me calling you Yoko."

"Yes! Yes I don't mind it, Sendoh-san!!"

The cheering team's the one who's practicing now. Ayane crossed her arms as she watched them, and I saw her eyes fixate on the cheering team's captain.

It's really strange that Chiyoko suddenly decided to get rid of her waist long hair for a bob cut. I'm suspicious that she's trying to copy Ayane but I have no proof.

🍋

Ayane's POV

I know Sendoh's regional basketball competition is closing near. He's pouring all his time and effort in practicing that it made me think that I need to give him some space so that he could concentrate on his goal.

I'm not sure when his practice will end. As much as I'd want to watch him more I need to go home already since it's late and I still have to tend to my homework and to study.

Plus, while I was pondering these thoughts I heard several girls gossiping and snickering from the back. I'm sure Sendoh heard what those girls said too.

Hey, look at Chiyoko-san, she cut her hair!

What a waste, she just had really long hair yesterday

Why do you think she cut it?

Dunno

Too bad she's not dating Sendoh-kun

Yeah, the cheering team's captain should always date the ace, right?

Crap! Sendoh-san and his girlfriend is just right there!

Let's go someplace else.....

I crossed my arms as I stare at the cheering team's captain, who now has the same hairstyle as I do. They're practicing chants and cheers and she cinched her shirt up, proudly showing everyone her midriff.

What a tease.

I felt Sendoh brush my hair behind my ear. What he did next made me yelp in surprise.

"AKIRA!"

He placed his lips near my ear and he blew. His breath was a mixture of warmth and cool, and he made a low chuckle fom what he's done.

"Wanna grab something to eat? Let's leave for a while." He whispered.

Maybe he noticed I was in deep thought.

"Akira, you're being too close" I stammered as I slowly pushed him away.

He took my hand.

"Coach, Ayane and I'll just go get something to eat!" Sendoh says over his shoulder as we started to walk.

"We'll be back quickly, Taoka-sensei!"

Before hearing Coach Taoka's reply, we were already out of the gym.