54

Ayane's POV

It's puzzling why Sendoh suddenly asked why I have dresses. I feel like there's no need for him to do that: I have dresses tucked neatly in my closet since I need them.

It's a must for recitals, duh.

There might be an underlying thought beneath that question though: it's like he's asking me for confirmation.

What is he planning now?

That question just swam in my thoughts all day. That question didn't leave my mind. It just stayed there:

When I walked to school, during my exam, while I was having lunch up until the afternoon as we cleaned our classroom.

"Yoko

"Yoko. What can you assume if a guy asks you if you have dresses?"

She clutched the broom's handle as she stopped from cleaning.

"Hmm.... maybe he's gonna take you out on some formal event? WAIT! Did Sendoh-san ask you?" She leaned in closer at the end of her sentence, exclaiming.

I exhaled hard.

"Yeah, he just asked me if I have dresses out of the blue last night, it's surprising why he did."

"Oh. OH!" Yoko said, snapping her fingers, "Since tomorrow's the 30th and it's a weekend, maybe he's gonna take you out to watch a symphony! I know some concert halls always do that before the year ends."

That's really a great assumption.

Is Sendoh starting to like classical music now or is he just planning to take me to one as a gift?

Gift. Again? He really knows how to make a girl special, huh.

This is the last school day we'll have for the year and we'll return at the 6th of January.

"Well... If Akira's gonna take me out to watch a symphony, I have to wear something formal."

"Like a long evening gown!" Yoko smiled.

I looked up at the ceiling, and with deep contemplation, I tired to remember the dresses I have to choose from.

🍋

The moment I went home I instantly took out the best dresses I could think of from my closet.

I laid all five of them side-by-side on my bed. Two have long sleeves but bares the back completely, one is off-shoulder, one is flowy but cinched up at the waist, the last is a strapless cocktail dress.

How the hell am I gonna choose the damn dress?! I don't know the dress code of the event where he'll take me! Heck, I'm not even sure if we'll watch a symphony!

I'll have to call him later on. So, when 9 in the evening came, I did.

I just waited for a while before he answered.