Creep

Danica

"I'll just call the kitchen and have them bring our breakfast. Then I'll call Isaac and see about fixing the kitchen, but before we do that, we need to talk." He said as he looked down at me.

"Okay," I said feeling unsure about the concern on his face. We walked over to the sofa and he sat with me.

"You wrote that Lark called in the tips." He said.

"Yeah, he called from town." She said.

"Is he still calling in tips?" He asked.

"No, I told him he already gave enough information. I didn't tell him about you." She said.

"He wasn't the informant." He said, and my heart sped up.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"I'm back to square one. Danica, I need to know the name of the Horseman. Don't worry about your safety. You're my wife and my responsibility, I need to know in order to protect you." He said.

I thought about it.

"You also have other responsibilities as my husband," I said, and he shut his eyes and sighed before opening them again.

"We already talked about this, Danica." He said.

I shrugged. "Can't blame a girl, can you?"

He chuckled. "I guess not, but this is life or death." He said.

"Fine, his name is Simon and spends most of his time in the surveillance room," I said.

"What does he look like?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It's pretty easy to spot him. He has a scar on his left cheek and he has dark hair. He's fit, but not very handsome. I saw him in the fun room before you came." I said.

His eyes shot up. "You've been to the fun room?"

"Have you?" I asked.

"I got the grand tour, but I asked you a question." He said.

"I have my ways to sneak around, and I watched from a peephole," I said.

"Well, what did you see?" He asked like he was disgusted.

"Those women are disgusting." I scrunched my nose.

A grin came upon his face. "What exactly was disgusting? It's sex, isn't that what you want?" He's almost laughing.

I shook my head. "Not like that, it was gross." I could feel the blood race to my face.

"You watched?" He chuckled.

"I was curious." I defended myself.

"The whole thing?" He asked, and I turned my head.

"Danica, you're a little creep." He laughed.

"I'm twenty-five and never seen or done it, of course I was curious," I said.

"What was disgusting about it?" I turned and saw the amusement on his face as he asked.

"The part where Louie was behind her while she put Gill's thing in her mouth," I said, and felt disgusted for even saying it, but he laughed.

"Two men? That's pretty disgusting. You have more guts than me, I could never watch that. Jesus, Danica." He laughed.

"Why were you down there? Do you like those girls, Dash?" I asked.

He laughed. "No, not in the least." He answered.

"Have you ever been with one?" I asked.

"In the fun room? No, it's not my kind of scene." He said.

"I mean out there, out in the real world," I said.

He looked at me like he's thinking. "Not like them." He said, then stood up. "I'm going to make those calls now." He went over to the landline and made the calls.