chapter 4

authors note : same outfit as last chapter

   ASTRA STOOD IN THE CULLEN LIVING ROOM, TRYING TO KEEP AN IMPASSIVE FACED AS SHE LISTENED TO THEIR DISCUSSION

ASTRA STOOD IN THE CULLEN LIVING ROOM, TRYING TO KEEP AN IMPASSIVE FACED AS SHE LISTENED TO THEIR DISCUSSION.  They hadn't acknowledged her and Renesmee's presence yet, and were instead talking about some rather. . . disturbing things.

   "They're going to kill her." Edward proclaimed whilst wrapping his arm around Bella's waist.

   "They would never harm her in any way." Alice protested from her spot next to Jasper.

   Rosalie snorted, "You're only saying that because you're such a big believer in romance." The blonde vampire rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

   "And you're only saying that because you want her to stay human forever." Alice retorted.

   "She's not even human." Emmett stated with a big laugh, "I say we just let whatever needs to happen, happen. None of us can stop it."

   "We don't know that. She could be human." Rosalie shot back with a glare.

   "What if they decide to rip her throat out? Or drain her of her blood? Or what if they decide they're going to use her against us? We'd be giving them more power." Edward said as he kept his eyes trained on Alice's. He had seen her vision, but he just didn't want to believe it.

   Alice shot him an exasperated look, "They're not completely evil. They would never hurt her." She finally sighed, and seemed to give up on the argument. She turned her head to Astra and smiled softly, "What do you think of it?"

   All eyes were now pointed on the blonde girl, causing her to heat up under their gaze. "Honestly," she began, "I have no idea what you're talking about. Renesmee didn't explain anything."

   "Oh." Alice said, her smile faltered for a moment. She looked at her 'siblings', seemingly communicating with them silently, before looking back at Astra. "Perhaps we should go discuss things in private."

   Alice ignored the several protests that rose from Edward and Rosalie's mouth and grabbed Astra's hand. She led her outside and they walked deep into the woods. The sun had begun to set, causing they sky to explode in colors of deep orange and pink. The cold air began nipping at Astra's cheeks, causing her to wrap her arms around herself in a futile attempt to warm herself. As she listened to the way the dead leaves crunched under her feet, she began to wonder about her mother. The main question on her mind was, "Where is she?" If her mother were really alive, why hadn't she tried to find her brother and herself?