chapter 7

authors note : this chapter is only 1000 words long, i'll try to make the next chapter longer (:

   "BYE GUYS!" ASTRA CALLED OUT. Her and Scarlett began to walk out the door of the hotel Hector had managed to find. Astra would've never guessed there would be such nice hotels in a place like Volterra, Italy. At first, all they could manage to find was run-down motels, yet somehow they stumbled upon a gorgeous five-star hotel. Astra and Scarlett were very happy to find out they had a breakfast bar.

   "Not so fast." Hector said as he crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at his sister. "Where are you guys going?"

   "Shopping." Scarlett snapped before Astra could speak. She grabbed the said girls hand and pulled her out of the hotel, ignoring Hector's protests.

   "Be back before 8!" They heard Conner yell, right before Scarlett slammed the door shut. Astra rolled her eyes, "He's such a dad." she laughed.

   "Don't you mean daddy?" Scarlett winked with a giggle. She pulled Astra along down the street, headed straight towards the market they had passed on the way to the hotel. The instant Scarlett had seen it, she had demanded they go shopping while they were in town. Astra was reluctant to go, but figured she needed to have some bonding time with her best friend.

   "There's a lot of people here." Astra said as they finally reached the marketplace, it was just about a five minute walk from the hotel. It was bustling with tons of people, it seemed like everyone had decided it was the day to shop.

   "Yeah, there is, but that's not going to stop us." Scarlett said, her hand still holding Astra's, "Let's go find us a new 'sexy' dress." she said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

   Astra refrained from laughing at the girls words. Scarlett was always one to party, and to wear dresses that showed lots of skin. Astra's parents never appreciated the girl dragging their daughter along with such things, but Astra couldn't bring herself to care. The Leonato girl was just as much of a partier as her best friend. "Why do we need a new dress?" Astra asked, a knowing smile on her face.

   "Because we're going to a party tonight, duh." Scarlett replied as she picked up a couple of dresses and pushed them in Astra's direction. "Now pick something."

   "Where's this party at?" Astra asked as she eyed a dark red dress.

   "It's a surprise." Scarlett replied with a smirk, "You'll love it, I promise."

   Astra gave her a flat look, "The last time you said that, we ended up at a party with Brady, the couch got set on fire, and the cops came to find a drug dealer."

   "That was one time! This time will be different. Now, tell me all about you and Conner. Did he finally ask you out?"

   ASTRA STARED UP IN AMAZEMENT AT THE PLACE SCARLETT HAD BROUGHT HER TO. It was a gorgeous castle that looked like it had come right out of a medieval film. The stars twinkled in the sky above it like fairy lights, causing the whole atmosphere to seem enchanting. A chill went up Astra's spine, she could feel a change coming but she couldn't figure out what was going to happen.

   A hand pressed against her lower back and pushed her forward, "Are you going to stand there and gawk all night, or are you going to go inside and party?" Scarlett asked her, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

   Astra's cheeks burned from embarrassment, she didn't reply to her friends statement, but instead began walking forward. As she moved closer to the castle, she started to feel a pull in her heart, begging her to keep going. She couldn't speak even if she wanted to, it was like she was going into a trance.

   "Conner and Hector are probably throwing a fit right now, since we didn't let them come with us." Scarlett snorted. Astra barely heard the girls words, it was like the outside world was being drowned out as they pushed the door open and walked inside.

   Instantly, Astra realized that something was off. There were only a few other people there, and everyone else seemed to be wearing some sort of heavy black cloak that swirled around their feet. As she moved farther into the room, she noticed how everyone's eyes were glued to Scarlett and herself. She made eye contact with a short blonde and had to hold back a gasp as she saw her eyes, they were red.

   "Lettie," Astra whispered as she looked to her friend, "What kind of party did you say this was?"

   "I didn't say." Scarlett snorted, not even trying to be quiet, "I just saw it posted online and decided we should come. It said that we were 'promised a good time', and I figured that's exactly what we need."

   Astra gulped and her eyes flittered around the room, she felt like a mouse standing in a lions den. "Maybe we should leave, it doesn't look like anybody's coming."

   "Oh, but there will be plenty arriving later." A voice sang from behind them. The male voice entranced Astra, who's head instantly whipped around to find a male with black hair cascading to his shoulders. His hands were clasped in front of him and a wide smile was covering his face, he seemed almost too gleeful to Astra, yet she couldn't stop staring at him. He looked strangely familiar to her. His eyes met hers and it was as if the whole world was changing right before her eyes, she could feel an instant connection with him. Her leave didn't last long as he uttered a word that sent horror coursing through her body as she realized just who this man was.

   "Mine."

   The tone of the man in front of her was one of disbelief, as if he couldn't believe who was standing before him.

   "Aro."

   Her voice held fear and sadness as she said his name, she couldn't believe they had found her already. No, she couldn't believe she had found them, and had walked right into their home without even knowing. She now wished she would've stayed in Forks.

please comment and vote !

let me know what you think of the story so far, it helps keep me motivated to update regular

not edited