chapter 10

"YOU CAN JOIN IF YOU'D LIKE

    "YOU CAN JOIN IF YOU'D LIKE." Caius said to Aro as he turned them around to face him. Marcus stood next to him with a barely noticeable smile on his face.

    "Nobody is joining anything." Astra said as she wiggled against Caius' hold. Her mind was desperate to get away from him, but her heart and body was craving his touch.

"Masters." The same vampire Astra had seen when she had first woke up suddenly appeared next to Aro. "You're needed in the throne room." The girl said, she kept an impassive look on her face the whole time, and didn't even glance in Astra's direction.

    Caius finally let go of Astra and hesitantly walked over to his brothers. "We'll continue this later." he promised as he looked back at the blonde. He gave her a one last longing look before turning and heading towards the throne room.

    "I'll see you later, mi amore." Aro said with a happy tone in his voice. He seemed to be happy about a situation that Astra didn't know about. Finally, Aro left, leaving only Marcus and Astra.

    "Aren't you going to go with them?" Astra asked Marcus as she watched him warily, she didn't want to end up being stuck in his arms like she was with Caius. She also didn't want to become food for the vampire, although she doubted it would come to that.

    "I'll join them in a moment." He replied as he walked closer to the blonde. "Why do you reject us?" He asked as he grabbed one of her hands, the sad tone in his voice made Astra's heart ache.

     "I just don't want to be forced to love people because of some mystical bond. I want to choose who I'm going to love. It's not that you guys aren't attractive, or that I couldn't like you guys at all, it's just that . . . I don't want something if it's not real. I want to experience true love, not something that's handed to me on a silver platter that claims to be true love. Besides, you're all vampires." Astra rambled, she wasn't even sure if she was making sense, but there was just something comforting about Marcus. It was like she wanted to spill all of her secrets to him and let him comfort her.

    "We would never hurt you, Astra." He said as he brought her hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on it. "If you truly want to leave us," he hesitated, "then we will let you. We won't hold you captive here. All I ask, is that you give us a chance and have dinner with us tonight."

    She examined the way he kissed her hand with fascination. He was so gentle with her, as if he made one wrong move then she would break. She could feel her heart start to soften as she heard his words, this man was being so kind to her and all she had done was reject them. She thought it over for a moment, ignoring his gaze, before finally nodding. "Deal. But you guys aren't allowed to follow me when I leave."