chapter 15

CONNER GROANED FROM THE THROBBING PAIN COMING FROM HIS HEAD. His eyes groggily opened, his situation hadn't quiet clicked in yet. He tried to move his hand up to rub his head, but found himself unable to move. Panic seeped into his body, and his eyes became wide as he finally remembered what had happened. He was currently tied to a chair with ropes and as he tried to move, he realized the chair seemed to be nailed into the ground.

    "Oh no." he whispered to himself. He calmed himself, he was trained for situations like this. He looked around the room, trying to get a handle on his surroundings. The room was dark besides the one light that was shining over a silver table that was on his left. It was a bit of ways away from him, and he couldn't see anything from his current position. He tried to raise himself up to get a glimpse of what was on it as he wanted to be prepared for whatever his kidnapper had planned for him, but he was unable to get very far because of the ropes. He thought he could see something sharp, but he wasn't sure.

The metal door in front of him swung open and his eyes snapped to see who was coming. The first person to walk in was Jasmine. Conner couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was, despite the betrayed feeling that seeped into his body at the sight of her. He stared at her face, wanting her to meet his eyes, but she avoided looking at him completely.

     She moved out of the way, and the next person to walk in was a large man with dark black hair. He was a sharp looking man. His eyes were cold and dark, but his mouth was upturned into a satisfied smile. He looked like a shark getting ready for his next meal. Conner shivered at the thought.

The man stopped in front of him and roughly grabbed his chin. He then began to move his head side to side as if he were studying him. "Are you sure he works for the Leonato family? Surely Hector would hire someone stronger."

"Yeah, he works for them. We've been following them for months now. We took some pictures of him with Astra, if you'd like to see them." Jasmine replied. Her voice seemed to echo in the nearly empty room.

"Very well." the man began, "Bring me my knife."

Conner's heart began racing. "Who are you?" he questioned, trying to delay the inevitable.

     The man feigned being offended as he let go of Conner's face. "I would think my greatest enemy would've put my face on every corner of his house so everyone would recognize me."

     "You must be pretty unimportant then, because I have no clue who you are." Conner snapped, trying to appear to be brave. In reality, he felt terrified. He didn't want to know why the crazy man in front of him needed a knife.

The laugh that came from the man's lips was deep and sinister. It send chills down Conner's spine. "I assure you, I am very important." He looked back at Jasmine, "Where's my knife?" he snapped.

Jasmine rushed over to the side of Conner and grabbed a large, sharp knife off of the silver table. It had dried, red blood all over it. Conner visibly gulped at the sight.

"Conner," The man began as he took the knife from Jasmine, "Surely you've figured out who I am by now."

Conner's mind began racing. Enemy, important, the words ran through his thoughts quickly. "Romano family." he whispered in horror. They had found them much sooner than he had thought they would. He had tried to tell Hector that they shouldn't go back to Italy, but he was adamant, and now they were going to pay the price.

     The Romano smirked, "That's correct! In fact, I'm not just apart of the mafia, my name is Stefano Romano." He waited a moment, letting his words sink in. He raised his knife up in the air and studied it, "And I've been waiting a long time for this moment." He motioned for Jasmine to go towards the tied up man. "Go ahead. Use your powers."

     Jasmine knelt down in front of Conner and gazed into his eyes. He was taken aback when he saw the pain and agony in them. It looked as if she was absolutely hating what was happening. Suddenly, he felt a prick in his mind and he felt himself become enraptured in her eyes. "You will answer us honestly."

     "I will answer you honestly." The words came out of his mouth unwillingly. "Why did I say that?" he immediately asked as his eyes moved from Stefano to Jasmine.

A smirk was painted on Stefano's lips, but he didn't answer the question. Instead he walked forward, causing Jasmine to move. Conner began struggling when the cold knife touched his arm. "No." he pleaded.

     "Tell me where Astra and Hector are." Stefano demanded as he pushed the knife down a little harder, threatening to cut him.

     "I don't know!" Conner exclaimed as Stefano pressed the knife harder. Little red beads of blood began popping around the small cut.

Stefano looked back at Jasmine, a look of confusion on his face. "Did your powers not work?" he asked.

"They work. He must not know where they are." said Jasmine with a shrug. She was once again avoiding looking at the tied up man.

     "Huh." Stefano said as he stepped back for a moment. He tilted his head and pretended to think. "Jasmine, go try to find the Leonato's." Jasmine immediately did as she was asked and left the room. Once she was gone, Stefano got close to Conner's face. "I'm going to have fun destroying you." he said. He then stabbed the knife through Conner's right leg, pulling an agonizing scream from the boys lips.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
This is so bad. I'm tempted to rewrite this whole chapter.

don't forget to vote and comment