chapter 13

AFTER ASTRA HAD ASKED ABOUT CONNER, IT SEEMED TO KICK SOME SENSE BACK INTO HECTOR. Before, all he could focus on was the fact that his sister knew vampires and was potentially in danger, but now, he was calling all of his contacts as he tried to locate his friend.

"I really think we should just let him rot in whatever ditch he fell in." Scarlett said as she wrapped an arm around the blonde man.

Hector sighed deeply and leaned into her touch, "He could be in deep trouble. He's always been there for my family, and I shouldn't abandon him now."

Astra wrinkled her nose and feigned disgust at their lovey-dovey position. "Can't you guys do that somewhere else?" Scarlett shot her a glare and Astra raised her hands in response. "Okay, okay. Jeez, no need to get your panties in a twist."

Hector stood up and opened the front door. "Where are you going?" Scarlett asked as she quickly followed after him.

    "I need to find Conner." He replied.

     "Honestly, you really shouldn't bother. He's a complete jerk." Astra said from her position in the chair. She was getting bored with the discussion so she began to study her nails, she really needed to paint them a different color.

"Yeah, well, until you tell me exactly what he did to you I'm going to keep considering him a friend."

Astra sighed and looked up at her brother and her friend, "He called me a whore." She knew it wasn't anything to get overly dramatic over, but it hurt her feelings and there was no way she was going to forgive him easily.

"Are you serious?" Scarlett exclaimed, "That's the complete opposite of you! How dare he! Why, when I get my hands on that little-"

"That's terrible but not a good enough reason for someone to die." Hector said. "He'll be dealt with once we find him." He looked at Scarlett, "You coming with me?"

"Yeah, sure." the red-head replied.

Hector then looked at Astra and pointed his finger at her. "Stay here."

Astra just smiled sweetly, "Whatever you say, bub."

"I'm serious." Hector said, "Don't move." He gave her one last look before grabbing Scarlett's hand and leaving the room.

Once they shut the door behind them, Astra stood up and went to the window. She waited until they were out of sight before changing her clothes. She put on a white dress that barely reached the tops of her knees. The top half was fitted whilst the bottom half was flared out. She stood in front of the long mirror that was in the room and twirled once. She then grabbed her purse and walked outside so she could head back towards the castle. It was almost dinner time. She slipped on her white flats before heading out.

    As she was walking down the street, she couldn't help but feel as if someone was watching her. She kept glancing over her shoulder, but every time she looked, there was no one there. She was starting to think that she was becoming paranoid. "It must be all the stress." she mumbled to herself. "Great, now you're talking to yourself." she sighed.

    "I'm a little behind on the terms, but isn't that signs of someone becoming crazy?"

    Astra looked over her shoulder with a gasp. She sighed in relief when she saw it was the vampire she had seen in the room with her brother, Santiago. Her body stayed tense as she watched him, "Were you following me?"

    "Of course. The Kings would never truly let you be somewhere alone after finding you." Santiago said as he moved beside of her and put his hands behind his back.

    Astra took the hint and began walking forward again, "That's an invasion of privacy."

"More like a good idea." Santiago replied, "The Kings would die if something happened to you. And the amount of enemies that they have is unnumbered. They would do anything to keep you from the hands of those that despise them."

Astra rose her eyebrow at his words, it was all too proper for her, but she didn't comment on it. There was no reason to anger a potential ally. "I can protect myself." She insisted. Although she knew it would be impossible against anyone of the supernatural world. She may have tried fighting them if she was actually a phoenix, but after learning that it was all a lie, she wasn't going to try to get murdered.

    "Right." Santiago drawled out, sarcasm heavily in his tone, "A feeble human against strong, supernatural creatures. You could totally win that."

    Astra sighed, "I know, I know. Thanks for," she waved a hand at him, "protecting me or whatever."

    "Anytime, your majesty." he winked, causing Astra to let out a laugh. Maybe living with vampires wouldn't be as bad as she thought it was going to be. She hadn't met many vampires that were kind, but Santiago seemed like a laid-back cold-one.

    "Don't you have super speed?" Astra asked as she suddenly stopped walking. Her feet were aching and she really didn't want to walk the rest of the way. Besides, there were cars going by and she noticed a few of them throwing her a smirk and some of disgust. She could only imagine what they were thinking.

    "Oh yeah." Santiago said, "Why didn't I think of that?" He grabbed Astra and smiled at her, "Hold on tight!"

    Astra wasn't prepared for the whole world to begin to spin around her. She gripped onto Santiago tightly and scrunched her eyes shut. An uneasy feeling settled in her stomach and her head began to ache from the movement. When they stopped, Astra let go of Santiago and leant over, her hands on her knees. "That was terrible."

    "You'll get used to it eventually. Now, hurry up. The Kings are waiting for you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
this is mostly a filler chapter but hiiii, ily all 💕

Don't forget to vote and comment. It makes me so happy to see that people are reading my story.