chapter 14

Author's Note  : Just in case anyone is confused, this chapter follows Conner after Astra went back to the hotel the first time.

"CRAZY BITCH" CONNER MUTTERED AS HE SHUT THE DOOR. He was holding onto his nose, trying to stop the blood flow. He was hurt. Not just physically, but emotionally. He felt as if he had just been led on by the first person he had ever even begun to want a true relationship with. They call boys and men players, but Conner was starting to believe that girls and women could be players too.

He briskly walked to the bathroom and grabbed some tissues. He held them to his nose, tilted his head back, and pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn't believe Astra had actually punched him.

He knew he shouldn't have called her a whore, but she wasn't the one who stayed up all night waiting for her to come back to the hotel. When Scarlett, had arrived without her, he was so worried. He wanted to go searching for her, but Hector insisted that he would do it the next day. When he found out Astra had willingly stayed behind with a bunch of strange men, he was furious, hurt, and sad all at once. They had just begun developing a relationship, and Astra was already 'cheating' on him.

Conner had to keep reminding himself that they hadn't started officially dating yet. They had only kissed one time, and admitted an attraction for each other. They weren't fully committed to each other yet, but Conner still felt as if they had something going. Now, he was sure he had lost his friend.

     He blinked away a few tears that had begun to form and removed the tissue. His nose had stopped bleeding so he began to clean himself up. He used a wet washcloth to clean the blood, and then changed his clothes. He put on a dark green, short sleeved shirt, and blue jeans. He then slipped on his shoes and walked out of the hotel. He needed to get away, even if it was just for a few minutes. He didn't want to have to face Hector and Scarlett, and he really didn't want to confront Astra again. He wanted to apologize to her, but he felt as if he shouldn't have been punched in the face for what he said. And a death threat was truly next level craziness.

He looked around the parking lot of the hotel, and was pleased to see there weren't that many cameras. He walked towards where he saw was a blind-spot, and picked a car out. It was an old thing, and didn't look like it was worth much, but Conner figured it would do. His lips twitched into a small smirk when he realized that whoever owned the car had left the windows down. He reached in, unlocked the door, opened it, and quickly got inside before someone could stop him. He began to hotwire the car, ignoring the small sparks that threatened to burn him, and let out a small laugh when the engine roared to life.

     As he drove down the winding road towards the town of Volterra, Conner cleared his mind of all of his worries. He refused to dwell on the events that had taken place. He would deal with them when the time came. But, until then, he was going to enjoy the silence of his mind.

He parked the stolen car outside of a small café that only had a few people inside. He blew out a breath and stepped outside. He nodded his head at a few people who glanced at him, but otherwise tried to avoid unnecessary interactions. He walked up to the cashier and gave her a friendly smile, "I'd like a black coffee, please." he said in Italian.

     The cashier nodded her head, her raven curls bounced with her movements as she shot him a smile. "What size do you want?"

     "Just a small." Conner replied. The woman took his money and then he went to sit down at a table near the window. He watched as a dark-skinned woman stepped out of her car, her head held high. She seemed to feel his eyes on her as she turned her head to look at him. He felt drawn to her, like a magnet drawn to metal. She must've felt the same way because his eyes followed her as she walked into the coffee shop, and sat down right in front of him.

"Do you always stare at strangers?" she asked, her voice was melodic and pulled him in even further.

He allowed a small smile to grace his face as he replied. "Only when they're as pretty as you."

She let out a small laugh that sounded like wind chimes and then leaned closer to him. "I'm Jasmine."

"Conner."

     The waiter arrived at their table before their conversation could go further. He set down the small cup of coffee, along with a small cup of water. Once he left, Conner spoke again, "Do you want some coffee? My treat."

     "I don't drink coffee." Jasmine replied with a small smile. She then moved to stand up, "I actually have to go."

     "Wait." Conner pleaded, "Can I have your number or something first? I just..." he paused, trying to get his words together.

     "Sure." Jasmine replied, before he could finish his thought. She pulled a pen out of her small purse and wrote her number on a napkin. "Call or text me at anytime."

Conner watched as she walked out of the coffee shop with sadness pooling inside of him. Not able to ignore the longing that was rising up in him, he attempted to follow after her. But by the time he stepped outside, her car was already pulling off.

Aggravated, he went back inside and sat down. He didn't understand why he felt the way he did. The girl was a complete stranger, and he shouldn't have felt that much attraction to her. Especially when he still has feelings for Astra. He pulled out his phone and sent a text to Jasmine. He really wanted to see her again.

IT WAS DARK OUT NOW AS CONNER WALKED DOWN THE STREET. Jasmine had texted him back and agreed to meet him at a nearby park. He was ecstatic, and couldn't wait. He could see the park in view so, he began jogging so he could get their quicker.

When he finally reached the park, he couldn't see any vehicles in view. He shrugged it off and walked over to a bench. He pulled out his phone and sent Jasmine a quick text. I'm here, it said.

I'm right behind you.

Before Conner could turn his head around, a sharp pain exploded in the right side of his head and he fell over on the bench. His eyesight blurred until, finally, everything went black.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm so excited to introduce Jasmine! What did you guys think of this chapter? It's pretty different from the others, since it's not focusing on the Kings and Astra, but I'm really excited for what's about to happen 💕

Please vote and comment. It encourages me to continue writing and it makes me happy to see people enjoying my story.