Chapter 3

I looked at them figuring who they were.

One of the men was older and wrinklier but he still looked fresh and the other one, it felt like my body lost all breathing functions. He had black hair slicked back to show his professional except for a few curls that were standing out, emphasizing that he had a long day. His eyes were a great piercing grey, almost blue.

I looked back at my parents, "Hey mom, dad. What's going on?" I asked confused, where they getting evicted or something? They looked stressed more than they should. I internally yelled at myself, they couldn't be evicted since their debts were all paid.

My dad answered, "Aria, darling come sit with us for a minute, Aurora go to your room. We need a little privacy." My dad's voice felt stern. Most times, he was a joking, fun father but something about this conversation was serious even my sister could see it. 

Once my sister's footsteps began to fade, I turned to look at my parents and to the men sitting in front of us. "We are sorry to have bothered you," I looked at the older guy and gave him my full attention. "Unfortunately, we received a letter to my deceased father who said on his will, your Daughter, Maria Quinn, or whoever it may be must be betrothed to my son, Charles A. Storm." His words seem to have faded. I was completely lost and perhaps a bit confused. 

"What?" I asked, finally finding my voice. "That can't be true, my parents don't know any family members called Storm and I highly doubt you even have the right address." I countered. I looked at both the men and the younger one seemed to be bored by everything by now. I looked at my dad looking at him and waiting so he could say something.

My dad's head went low. "4 years ago, when your grandpa went sick, he left behind a will and was only to be looked by us. He said the exact things Mr. Storm has just told us." I began shaking my head not liking where this was going. "Both our dads were best friends and they made a pact to wed their future kids so both our families could collide as one."

So many emotions were going through my head, I didn't know what to say.

"We didn't know honey when they wanted to carry this out or even which daughter. We were as shocked as you when we read what was on that will, weeks and months went by and we didn't hear anything about it. So we decided to let it go." I heard my mom speaking but her voice was just becoming blurred words in my head.

"Why didn't  you forbid this from ever happening?" I asked. Feeling upset and angry not only at my parents but my grandpa. Why would he agree to this?

I heard someone clear their voices. "If I may add, it takes two sides to come to an agreement and forgive me if I may offend you both in any way, but I say we do it." Mr.Storm finished.

"What? Absolutely not!" I heard both my parents say.

"Young girl, I know this is a bit hard for you to come to terms with but either way this marriage will be happening. My wife is already planning it all and she thinks it's a great idea if we do it the day after Christmas! Surely that will be enough time for you to comprehend all this." Mr. Storm beamed after finishing.

I looked at the silent, yet a composed man. He was looking at me but not in a good way. Was he waiting for me to continue with the rejections? Did he not see that his father was an insane person who was beginning to lose his mind and quite frankly, he wasn't paying any mind at all to my decisions.

I looked back at my parents and they were as well shocked. "Maria is still in college." my mom applied.

"What state?" Mr. Storm asked. He said it so forward that he could make anything happen if it was a problem.

"New york." Again my mother answered. I was beginning to think she didn't mind this idea now. I was feeling more appalled.

"Perfect! my son will move there and you both can stay in his place. Our business is after all planted in the root of New York City." Mr. Storm finished.

Were these people rich or something? It seemed like money was nothing to them but a possession. I decided to keep my mouth shut and let anyone else say something instead. This was frustrating. I came to have a nice break with my family and now I'm getting married by the end of this year. my life may as well be over.

I had enough of all this. Mr. Storm and my mother being the only people talking at this point, I decided to part my self.

I went straight to my sister's bedroom, she had a questioning face wanting to know what just happened. I didn't give her much of an explanation but jumped on her bed and 5 seconds later fell asleep.