Chapter 16

Charles and I were making our way to the Ice Rink. He had come downstairs a couple of minutes after I Hang up on Cassandra. He looked hot in his black jeans and a black sweater on. The look matched perfectly with his massive body.

He drove us there to the rink instead of his personal driver. I realized it was the first I've seen him ride a car.

Charles at some point during the ride asked who my friend was. I told him it was Cassandra, my long time best friend and shock was evident in his eyes. I suppose he must've thought I meant a boy. We were talking and we both agreed that it was only fair if he knew my best friend and that he wouldn't mind if she came over anytime.

We finally made it to the ice rink. We went through the front entrance and we paid for our time. Charles bought himself skates. I decided to buy my own skates as well since it would be more comfortable than rentals.

"Aria!" I heard a squeal and I jumped from the person's voice. I turned around and saw Cassandra coming straight at me.

She plunged for a hug and I relaxed my arms around her. "I missed you bitch!"

I laughed at her sudden outburst. I haven't seen Cassandra for two weeks ever since our shopping trip.

I backed up and introduced her to Charles who was already standing behind me. Cassandra's eyes beamed with excitement. "You must be the Husband. I'm Cassandra." She extended her hand and waited for his hand on her.

"Charles Storm. A pleasure to meet you." I looked and noticed that Cassandra's cheeks were getting red.

I smiled and rolled my eyes playfully. Of course, she would fall for him already. "We should go skating?" I suggested.

"Yes!" Cassandra agreed.

Once we put our skates on we went into the ice rink and skated. I almost forgot how fun it was to skate. I loved the peaceful gliding of my foot on the ice. The constant cool breeze on my face feels almost exhilarating. Cassandra and Charles are lightly talking and seem to be enjoying themselves while I just silently glide on the ice and I feel like the ice is my serene, silent place. The only time where I'm fully calm.

After about an hour, we decided to grab something to eat. We were coming out of the rinks and taking off our skates when I noticed a few people staring at us. I pretend to ignore them and think they were admiring Charles instead of the two girls beside him.

"Why don't we go to a restaurant?" I heard him ask.

I looked up at him and quickly glanced at Cassandra. She seemed excited about the idea. I wasn't so sure myself. "Uhm, sure." I nodded.

"There's this seafood restaurant just around the corner." Cassandra piped up. I gave Cassandra a stern look that she would only know. But she decided to ignore it and gave me a simple smile.

Charles nodded his head. "That's good enough."

We head thereafter and Cassandra was right it was around the corner. We grabbed a place to sit and looked at the menu. This wasn't a restaurant of high class that fits in with Charles at all but he didn't seem to care that he was eating out in a restaurant that wasn't reserved. Although, he seemed like he belonged with us and he hung out with Cassandra and I like good friends.