Chapter 8

I woke up, my eyes shooting up quickly. I noticed a clear grey set of eyes staring back at me. I was lost for words and not sure what to do.

"We're here." He said in a rugged voice.

I nodded and stepped out of the car. I completely forgot that we still had our wedding outfits on. How would people see us if they noticed a newlywed couple coming to the airport and we were there to show off our unity. "Don't you think we should change?" I asked. My voice was still a bit rough since I just woke up.

I turned to him so I knew he heard me. "You can change in the Private jet." He said swiftly.

"We're going on a private jet?" I asked. With utter Disbelief.

He didn't seem to answer my question and I was about to say something when I saw the private jet come into view. He began walking and I just followed him knowing he wasn't going to tell me to follow.

We got in a few seconds later and I was awestruck by the amazingly designed interior. The jet was grey and black. It was so aesthetic. It had a tv up front but a lot fewer chairs than a regular airplane. There were also two doors up front and I could tell one was the room while the other, the flight deck room. First-class couldn't compare to this Jet.

"Your luggage is in the room. I'll give you some time to change and if you'd like to rest. I'll be doing some work." I shook my head and went my way to the door he pointed.

I got out of the heels and dress and decided to change into a big t-shirt and long sweatpants. I went into the bathroom to get rid of the makeup on my skin and also took out the pins I had in my hair. That was relieving.

I came back inside the room and sat down on the bed. I decided to check my phone for any recent messages or any updates on social media. I made up my mind to lay down and look at a few Instagram feeds.

I woke up and realized I dozed off while on my phone. I checked my phone and saw a few missed calls from Cassandra. It was already 10 pm. I thought I'd call her tomorrow morning instead.

I went outside and saw that Charles was still sitting in the chair I saw him on before only this time he had changed into grey sweatpants and a plain blue shirt.

He noticed me for a few seconds until his eyes fell back to his laptop.

"Is there food?" I know it was a stupid question but what else could I say 'where's the stove I want to make dinner.'

"What did you have in mind?" He asked so plainly.

I was craving some Chicken Alfredo. "Chicken Alfredo, if they have it?" I asked, hoping they did.

I saw that he clicked on something and talked through it, "Lisa could you bring a plate of Chicken Alfredo for the Missus."

20 minutes later, the Chicken Alfredo arrived. Just in time too, I thought I'd have to starve to death. I began eating the spaghetti-like there was no tomorrow.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked up to see him looking at me. It was awkward more or so. I didn't know what to say and he just stared at me. I decided to break the tension.

"Am I eating too loud?" I asked.

"Yes." I noticed a small smirk on his face but I ignored it.

I looked at my phone and saw that we would land in 30 minutes. I quickly finished eating so I could change into extra warm clothes. I was not happy that I had to come back to this cold weather. I hoped that it wouldn't feel new for too long.

Once I finished I quickly got up and went back to the bedroom and changed into jeans and a long-sleeved shirt under my big black hoodie.

We finally arrived at his house after an hour of driving. We passed by mostly houses on the way to his house. I've never been to upstate New York and it felt like I entered a different state. We didn't make many conversations and I learned that he likes it that way.  I got out of the car with the chauffer's help. I shot him a gentle smile and looked at the house in front of us. It was huge but also normal. It looked like a dream house right out of a magazine and whose to say it wasn't. It had modern windows that matched with its black and white exterior. I was starting to think Mr. Storms's favorite color was black.

I realized that he was already up the steps so I quickly rushed to him. We entered and I gasped. The place was beautifully furnished. I just stood there gaping at all the house designs. They look normal but well balanced with the interior color.

I grabbed my luggage that was left by our chauffeur. "Where's my room?" I asked.

Charles was still on his phone and looked to be busy but he finally lifted his head up realizing that I was still here. "Right," He began walking upstairs and showed me to a door on the right, he opened it and soon after left me to admire the room.

This place felt fresh and wholesome. I wouldn't mind getting used to this room. I set my luggage on the queen bedroom that was already prepared. This room felt brand new as if someone cleaned it every week. I started unloading and putting the couple clothes I brought back from my trip, they were all summer clothes but Charles said my other clothes would arrive soon by the same chauffeur. I felt embarrassed since the chauffeur would see my undergarments. He did seem like a nice person so I trusted him enough to not have doubts.

I finally unloaded the few clothes I had and decided to go to sleep since it was already deep into midnight. I shut my eyes thinking about what I would be living like for the next two years.