Chapter 21

We finally made it back and Charles was sneezing constantly and it only seemed to get worse. I decided that I would drive after the few fights we had and I promised him that I wouldn't scrap his car at the end of the bicker.

We drove in silence without saying a word. As I stopped on a red light I hear him say. "It's an allergic reaction."

"Are you kidding? What if it was serious?" my eyes almost popping out of my face. I wasn't surprised by that discovery but the question was why didn't he tell me this sooner.

"I didn't think it was serious." He sighed. His voice was low and restless. I was praying we got there in time before I had to carry him out myself. It's one thing to help him but to carry him out? The dude was huge and definitely 10 times stronger then I was.

At that moment I saw someone else. He looked weak and not the person who had a cold stone face on 24/7. I frowned a little thinking about it.

Before I could do anything his head rose up and he sneezed and fell his head back onto the couch.

He obviously didn't look too well. I decided to come over and sit with him. I came around the couch and sat down on the other seat.

He gave me a side look noticing my presence. I just stayed silent for a while. His sneezes the only things I heard a few times. "Did the Auction go well?" I asked, not asking him yet about what was wrong with him.

"It was fine." He replied.

I nodded. He didn't seem like he was in the mood. I was almost afraid to ask him if he was sick, would he just shut me down?

Stupid Maria. This wasn't the time to be scared over your own husband. "Are you sick?" I asked.

He didn't answer for a bit. I thought he was asleep because of him not speaking but finally, his lips moved. "No." He sounded raspy.

He really didn't have much to give me. "Are you having an Allergic reaction to something?" I questioned again.

This time it took him longer to reply to me. I decided to feel his head. It was burning. "God, just tell me what's wrong, Let me help." I wandered over his eyes, hopelessly.

I knew the reason why he he didn't want to tell me. He knows that I would be a part of his world for good. I just wished he didn't. I understood are agreement, I just wish he would give us a chance to be good friends.

He sighed deeply, "Did you bring a cat here?" My heart stopped and so did my face.

"You're telling me that you are allergic to a cat?" I looked fazed by his words. I was also angry at him. Why did he not tell me any of this? Did he not care about his health. And most important; Why did he not tell me he was allergic to cats!

"Are you serious? This is bad and you didn't tell me any of this?" I asked.

"It's not a problem as long as theirs no fur anywhere." I froze up at the sentence and then I remember the dress I still had on.

"I'll be right back." I quickly got up and bolted into my room. I took off the shoes and the gown. I took a shower and changed into comfy clothes.

I went back into his room and was about to call his name. But he was already asleep. I left him alone and went downstairs into the kitchen to make him some tea.

As the tea was boiling I couldn't help but still think about Charles and his allergy to cats. I was shocked because I thought I knew enough but he was still reserved and unsure about me still. I wanted to let him know he could trust me through this and I wasn't against him like his family were into forcing him into this loveless marriage.

Charles wasn't like most people she knew. He was bold but also hostile. He was very Handsome but he didn't need a woman by his side to complete himself. I could tell he considered him self made. I just wish he knew that he shouldn't be afraid to tell what's wrong to someone. We are living together as married couples hell!

I got up to go check on the tea and once finding out the ginger tea I made was done I poured it in a cup and let it cool down a while before bringing it up to him.

He probably was still asleep by now but Maria was still persistent in bringing it upstairs. When she came upstairs she noticed that his face was peaceful, it wasn't as cold or built up of anger and resentment to things. He felt more at peace in his sleep as if he couldn't care less about nothing.

Looking at him, it gave me much time to observe his features. His lips were full and were a deep pink. They matched perfectly with his narrow, upturned nose. His face was very masculine, and he had very defined cheeks. His Jaw was sharper then my stable life. I cried inwardly. Finally he had unkempt black locks of hair that was recently trimmed.

In all honestly, Charles was the perfect definition of what a woman loved in a man. His features were a bonus but for his personality, well, I was unsure of that still. Charles has a lot of secrets and though I completely understood him, it still hurt to know that he still looked at me as the girl who couldn't stop our arranged marriage from happening.

I finally stop gazing at him and lightly shrugged his shoulders. He seemed to be in a deep slumber and I felt bad for waking him up but I still needed to make sure he was okay. I wanted to bring him to the hospital because of obvious fear but he was as always stubborn to the eyes. So if he wasn't going to go to the hospital and get checked up, then I'd have to do the nursing at home for him.

I shooked him a couple more times and he started to move around. His eyes fluttered and those dark grey orbs were staring at me. I moved the cup further to his eye level. "I made tea for you."

He just gazed back at me weakly. "I don't want it." And turned to his side.

I sighed. "It will make you feel better." I advanced.

After a few minutes and I knew he wouldn't budge. I put the cup down on the side table. I moved closer and tugged his arm so I could try pulling him upwards.

The position was a little awkward and I rarely did anything considering his weighed more then I lifted. But it seemed to work when he gave me a cold look. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to get you up." I answered while breathing from the arm workout. I don't know if it was because of what I said but he easily sat straight and got the cup and downed the ginger tea in one go. I was little shocked.

"I've never seen anyone drink ginger tea that fast. Are you sure you're not a devil?" I inserted a light joke.

"Thank you." He replied ignoring my question.

I nodded. He lied back down. "Okay, I'll let you sleep now, if you need anything don't be afraid to call my name." I looked back at him waiting for a response but didn't respond and saw that his eyes were shut tightly already.

I grabbed the cup from the table and got out of his darken room.

As I was washing the cup I remembered that cat fur was still around the couch and my room. I decided to get up early and get them cleaned.

****