Chapter 23

"I don't want any right now." He replied, irritated.

I felt disappointed but replied with a meek yes and turned around to leave.

I went into my room and just left it the fold in its pot, Mrs. Goncales would clean it up if it weren't gone by then.

That night as I was slowly falling asleep I heard faint steps going downstairs.
______

The next morning I woke up and groaned. The sun was so bright out. Curses to Mrs. Goncales for opening up my curtains.

I looked at my phone and looked at a few pics on Instagram. I have liked and commented on some friends and after a while I decided to get up and start the day.

It was 10:45 when I got out of the shower and put on a very nice spring floral dress. I decided to curl my hair since it's been straight for more than 3 weeks. I hated detangling my hair when in a rush so I just left it to straighten and a few times would wash and re-straighten. Though it took a while to get all my head down. It was a little refreshing and worth it. But today I decided to detangle and give my curls their air.

As I was finishing up and adding sunscreen to my face I heard my door knock. "Come in." I answered.

It was Mrs. Goncales with a tray of breakfast in her hands. She made delicious banana pancakes and boiled eggs with honey syrup bacon. I smiled and thanked her. Before she went she reminded me about lunch with Charles and his parents.

I nodded. We still had 3 hours before they would come. I wanted to go out or do something with my friends but all were busy on their day off from school or work and it was too early in the morning for some. I decided to go out in the backyard and put my feet in the water as I read a book.

I was stuck on what to read but I finally chose one of I didn't read before, Elenor and Parker. The story was already captivating and I couldn't help but fall in love with the main character so quickly.

Before I knew it it was already 12:30 and I Mrs. Goncales was coming my way, probably to tell me that he was here to pick me up.

I must've read Mrs. Goncales's mind because that's exactly what I happened. "You look radiant today, Maria."

I smiled at her, pleased with her comment. "Thank you, Mary, it was about time I had my curls back."

She chuckled lightly and I made it outside and saw the one and only Charles at the driver side already impatiently waiting.

I opened up the door and sent it in. "Sorry to keep you waiting," I said with a little sarcasm.

"Try being punctual next time, Ms. Quinn. I rolled my eyes and looked through my side of the mirror.

We didn't talk throughout the 30-minute long drive, the only thing that was speaking was the radio. We finally made it to a restaurant. It was more like a breakfast sit down but also served for dinner.

We got out after Charles parked the car. Soon, he came to my side and hold my hands. I felt a tiny electric as we touched but I pretended it was nothing. We walked inside and we saw his mom and dad sitting at the farther left.

We came towards them and Adrianna had the brightest smile. "Maria, it's so good to see you after months." I nodded, agreeing with her and we gave each other a hug. Mr. Storm only nodded at my way and gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Charles, I'm surprised you're not as happy to see us." Adrianna jokingly said.

Charles had a cold glare since we walked in but as if what his mother had said to him must've changed his mood. He grinned and came up to his mother and gave her a tight hug. "That's more like it." She laughed.