Chapter 24

I turned to look at him still confused but he didn't look like he would tell me so I left it alone.

****

We got to where we were going after 45 mins. I was sleeping for those 30 mins and he woke me up to tell me we were here. I opened my eyes to look at our surroundings. I was a little tired but I could make out well with my eyes. I couldn't believe my eyes what I saw. "You brought us to an amusement park?" I curiously looked at me.

His look was the same as always. "My dad suggested it." He replied flatly.

"Oh." we walked towards the line waiting for our turn. "Why do you hate your father?" I rose one of my eyebrows in question.

"It's not like I hate him... I'm just mad at him for the moment." He replied back.

"Ahh, like that's not childish." I imputed, throwing him a side grin.

He didn't find the joke funny so I stopped grinning. We finally came to the front and looked at the girl in front. He asked for two bracelets and paid the lady as she gave us the bracelets. "So, why'd you bring me if you're mad at your father?" I asked as we walked inside.

"Not like I had a choice. He always finds a way to get what he wants." He grumbled.

"Ahh, yes the old 'because I said so.' You gotta love it." I sighed remembering the times my mom wouldn't let me go to a friend's house or when I wanted from the store and my mom and I were upset with me and she wouldn't let me get what I wanted. The whole time we were there, I cried begging her and she gave me the deadliest stare that haunts me for months. I could actually see a smile on his face when he heard what I said.

I turned my head to the side noticing my favorite ride and I gasped looking at the Frisbee ride. It was one of my favorites and I remember riding it as a kid. Of course, I was daunted by it but I learned to enjoy it at the end.

"Why don't we go there?" I heard him say.

I nodded and we started making our way to the line. "Have you ever been to an amusement park?" I tried making light conversation.

He nodded his head. "A couple of times, it was a family tradition to go every summer on August 3rd till 15th." I was amazed that they would go for that long and in conservative days. "We rode a lot of rides but I never liked the frisbee." He stated.

"What? But the thrill of it is crazy!"

He chuckled. "I prefer roller coasters then simple rides like that." I nodded with an understanding. Some roller coasters were fun but others were lame. The fear of waiting to be dropped was enticing and scary but I liked it better than some that were fast but short.

Of course, I didn't say that to him and we just waited until we could move up the line.

*****

"Woah that was such fun!" I exclaimed. We have been at the amusement park for over 4 hours and the sun was now setting. We had been going to thrilling rides and we had just gotten off a roller coaster. It was very intense and I felt like I had my guts spewed out of my body. Charles didn't seem one bit affective and was actually laughing! He was crazy if he thought that was even fun. "We should stop on the thrilling rides for now," I announced. "Let's get something to eat."

He nodded and we got burgers and fries and I got sprite while he got a coke. We sat for a while enjoying the silence and cool breeze of the air. I don't know why but to me this felt like a dream but real. I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes lightly, trying my best to block out the sound in the background.

"You amaze sometimes." I jumped back a little, scared at the person who talked. I looked at him and was surprised he was talking.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Well for one, you made this day better and 2, you talked like it was normal." He fixated on my eyes.

"What's that supposed to me?" I was still a little doubtful.

"I mean, you're very quiet and don't say almost everything you want to but today, it seemed normal for us to talk." He smiled ear to ear.

"And you didn't make it less awkward either," I answered back. He was taken aback by my comment but he knew I was right.

We didn't say anything after and just slightly finished our food. We were walking again until I saw in front of me a beautiful ride I grew up with. It was my favorites, a carousel. Memories of riding it with my sister and parents came back to me. "Oh my gosh, we have to go on the carousel." My eyes were wide to show him my pleading. He nodded and we went towards the line waiting for the next one to be over.

"I've never been on this ride before." I heard him say.

"Seriously? How could you not, this probably was most of my best memories growing up." He laughed.

"I never liked it because I had a phase where I didn't like unicorns so whenever my mom would want to go I stayed and she went without me."

"Well, that's only the more reason to go, trust me it's enchanting."

We moved and started to go in. As we walked I heard him faintly say, "I believe you."

We both got into a horse next to each other and I gestured him to hold on to the pole. It was a little funny seeing him confused on how to stay on a non-moving horse but he finally got the hang of it.

The guy came around to check if everything was alright and he signaled for the other dude to go. Just like that, we started moving, slowly.

The horses soon started going up and down as we went around in circles and I closed my eyes to take at the moment.

The sunset had already gone in and the lights were now bright inside the carousel, it was spell bounding and I smiled. I chose the perfect time just like my mother did. Suddenly a hand snaked it's way to my hand and softly gripped it. I turned sideways and I looked into his eyes. They were swirling with an unknown deep emotion and it made my heartbeat. I looked back at our hands and I heard him say, very peaceful, "Let's stay like this for a while." I nodded and we didn't say anything after.

The ride was over and I was in a frenzy but I wouldn't let him see me being affected by what he'd just done a few mins back.

"We should get going." He stated.

I nodded although very sad in the inside. We started heading towards the gates.

Once we got back in the car he started driving. As we left I yawned deeply, I was feeling like I would fall asleep but I didn't want to sleep before asking him. "Did you enjoy today?"

He nodded and I noticed a smile. "I'm going to lie but I needed it."

"Glad you listened to your father." I smiled and laughed weekly. I couldn't stop my eyes shutting. I finally closed them and let sleep overcome me.

******