Chapter 7

I couldn't believe my arranged wedding was finally happening today.

I woke up in morning by the sound of a few voices and I saw that Adrianna came over. She wanted to get my hair and make up done by a professional and so me and mom only had time to put on our attire. My sister and her husband would be meeting us at the church, where I would be getting my face and hair fixed.

Right now I was looking into the mirror and with only a couple minutes left before the music would roll in and I would have to enter. My sister had come to me and told me how the place was filled with so many people that we didn't know and she sworn she'd seen a news reporter. It was undoubtedly confirmed by my mother when she realized who it was. She told me that this was a story they were going to have on their magazines and I couldn't be more embarrassed right there.

My mother had to calm me down because she didn't want my makeup to be ruined and I just held it inside. What if everyone in our school founds out about this? I just couldn't let the word spread out. I needed to let Adrianna know that the news reporter couldn't have photos of me. I texted my sister quickly so she could bring Adrianna and I patiently waited for her arrival.

"What is it honey? Don't tell me your having second thoughts and wanting to run away?" Adrianna looked frantic but she was also trying so hard not to ruin her makeup and hair.

I almost forgot why I called her. "No. I wanted to make a request. I don't want the news reporters to have photos of me. I just don't want the word getting out until it's the right time." I explained to her. She looked at me understanding.

"It's alright, honey I'll announce that and let my husband deal with it quickly!" She said with determination. Soon I was left alone again but not to long.

My dad came barging in a few minutes after . "Hey honey." He came to give me a hug.

"Are you nervous, dad?" I gazed at his eyes. Those eyes held every memory of my past and maybe would soon see my future.

I know my dad didn't want this marriage to happen. He always wanted me to end up with someone I loved so I could truly experience what he felt for my mother. I remember when he would give me the best advice about a relationship, how to keep it strong, when to know it's not working anymore, and how you could always spice up a relationship when it gets boring.

Of course, some of them included a mans part in the role but he always said, "if that's something he doesn't have, don't marry him because it's not going to work." I kept that in the back of my mind a lot.

"Please, I got your sister before and now you. I'm just worried if I'll make it to Aurora's." I burst out into giggles. My dad sure knew how to ease all the tension that I was feeling. He looked at me with so much love. Every moment was always treasured with him.

We talked for a few more minutes. He gave me some advice about walking up the aisle and very soon, it was time to get started and we had to leave. Adrianna opened the door and gestured for us to come out. My father and I walked out of the doors while Adrianna went to go back to her seat at the other door. I began to hear the wedding music play through the front doors. It was time for my entrance.

Just in a minute the doors opened, revealing us to everyone. I was a little shy but my dad tugged on my arm and I followed his lead. Thank god he was holding my hands or else I would've made a total fool of my self by now.

I could see him up front. He was dressed in a dark suit. He looked too well in it that I thought it would be a crime if I didn't look away. He seemed tensed. Was he afraid of kissing me? I thought. Honestly, I didn't even think about him kissing me until now. What would it even feel like? I remember how my first kiss with a boy was in elementary school and how he wanted a kiss from me in return for his lunch.

I was a selfless back then and was only thinking about the food. His parents made the best food since his mom was a famous chef. I guess that's why I was even addicted to it for some time.

I came upfront to him after my dad let go of me and with tentative moves, we hold hands. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

The ceremony went by and I just agreed to what the man had to say. Soon it was over and I heard the final words "You May now kiss the Bride." We looked into each other's eyes and he dipped his head down and intertwined our mouths together.

To say his lips were hot was understatement. His lips felt were like a drug. They felt like they could heat any part of my body. Our lips matched like they were just for me, as stupid as it sounded. Sooner than I wanted it to be, he let go and I was star stuck. He looked at me but there was no emotion in his eyes.

A blush crept on my face. Was I too hasty? It was just a kiss I shouldn't have felt anything. We turned and I came back to reality. Everyone was jumping with joy and clapping. We descended down the stairs and made our way outside. I decided to throw the flower for excitement since we weren't having a party.

After, we were seating inside a car and we drove off. We were now headed to the airport. I was so glad that the ceremony was over. I didn't have to feel too weird about us still in that church with people just staring at us state false words that they only needed to hear but weren't true. I looked over at him and saw he was on his phone. He seemed very concentrated on what he was doing on it.

I didn't want to seem like a stalker so I looked away. Staring in the front again. I decided to just fall asleep until we made it to the airport.

—————————————