Chapter 10

I was currently telling Cassandra about what happened in the past few days from the day I came home to me finding out Melissa was pregnant and then getting married. Needless to say, she was outraged.

"I still can't believe you're married to a Hottie though." She said loudly. I quickly shushed her, hoping no one heard. She continued. "He owns his own business! that's a huge success," she exclaimed.

"His father owns it for your information. I don't see anything special in that." I replied with a snarky tone.

She rolled her eyes at my statement. "If I were you, I'd already had him in my bed." She said with a smirk. I internally screamed.

"Sometimes I wonder why I tell you these things." I responded back.

She laughed uproariously, "You love me." I smiled. Cassandra and I came a long way. We've been friends since middle school and ever since we've stayed that way. She was known as one of the prettiest girls in our school and she is still gorgeous to this day. She had thick black wavy hair that matched her mocha skin and had beautiful glowing brown eyes. All the boys always came after her but she hasn't been in a relationship since her ex from two years ago left her. Things ended horribly and since then, she's had a break from men.

"Why don't we go shopping, it's not like you're doing anything at his house." She didn't wait for an answer and instead got up and started walking out of the door.

We left the Coffee shop and made our way to the Westwide Mall. We arrived and parked near the entrance of a clothing store. "Let's go buy you some new clothes!" My friend told me, grabbing my hand and running to the main entrance.

We stopped at many stores for the whole day and only had a break around 5 pm at the food court. Next, we went to a face care store and we bought some new skincare products. I remember needing more products for my skin but didn't have the time with all the midyear exams for my Law school classes. Casandra decided to buy some more products quickly. We were walking and my legs were starting to hurt when I finally couldn't take it anymore.

"Could we please leave already?" I asked, whining. We both had multiple bags in both our arms and knowing Cassandra, she would enter another store and make it seem like we had 4 extra arms attached.

She sighed deeply. "Fine." I was so relieved but didn't want to show my excitement cause the bags would end up dropping on the floor and then probably leaving me with a cramp in either arm.

We walked out of the mall and I noticed it was already dark outside. I wonder what time it was but I couldn't get my phone at the moment. We finally arrived at the car and Cassandra dropped a few bags to grab her keys. She unlocked the back seat and opened the door so I could put the bags inside.

It felt relieving to finally let go of the bags and now my arms were limp and sore. I gave them an outstretched. I hoped my arms would survive from its ordeal. After putting everything inside, we got in and Cassandra started driving. I checked the time and it was 9:34 pm.

That's when I remembered about dinner. I was obviously not hungry anymore but Charles would be. And since I let Mary leave for the rest of the night... I wondered if he would be home before me. "We definitely have to go somewhere soon again." Cassandra addressed.

I noticed that we were already at his house. "Yeah," I answered shortly. "Thanks for today," I told her. I was actually happy that I got out of the house and did something with my best friend.

I grabbed my things from the back seat and made my way to the door and used the key that Charles had handed to me last night. I swung the door open and quickly put all the stuff I bought to my room. I went back downstairs to start making something. I chose to make steak and baked potatoes.

I was cooking the steak when I heard the front door open. Heavy steps seemed to get heavier and near the kitchen. I intake my breath, hoping he didn't come which was already near impossible.

"Where's Ms. Goncales?" I heard the deep voice ask.

I turned around and gave him a response. "I let her go for the day." I answered.

"Are you making dinner for me?" His voice sounded disbelieving and confused. I nodded.

He took a few steps towards me and stopped. The island blocking both he and I from any further closure. "I know you may think that this relationship is going to work but I don't need you making food for us like a happy family." He finished coldly.

I felt my body fired up. How dare he think that I made this food for reconciliation? Did he have to ruin the one thing I loved? "Right because I'm trying so hard to be noticed." I seethed, sarcasm dripping through my teeth.

I took off the apron I had on and got out of the room. I was furious with him. How he had the audacity to think such things about me. I was also mad at myself for thinking of doing him a favor.

__________

If you liked the Chapter, don't forget to Vote and Comment!