Chapter 22

The next day I wake up and got prepared. I was still tired. Last night I barely got any sleep because I was too worried about him. Every hour or so I would check up on him to see how he was doing and once I noticed he was hot and so I decided to put a wet towel over his head.

I got dressed and put on something that I would dispose of later. I finally put a tube top on with waist shorts.

I made my way downstairs and went to the storage room for cleaning equipment and got to brushing off the couches, trying to take out any fur that was attached. It wasn't working the best and I realized I might need to buy a roller at the store. I was debating it when I saw a form appear near the living room door.

I hadn't noticed when Charles appeared. I was surprised the most because he should be asleep and resting up. "What are you doing up this early?" I questioned.

"I have work to attend to." He answered nonchalantly.

Nerves were creeping up on me. "But you're still sick. Shouldn't you take the rest of the day off?" I ask meekly.

"I told you I would be fine. I'm not deathly allergic to cats." He stared back with a cold look.

I nodded. "Well I'm going to go off to buy a pet hair remover at the store." I started to walk towards him to go upstairs and grab my things.

A firm had clasped onto my arm. I looked up at him looking for an answer in his eyes.

"Thank you." He paused. "For last night and right now." He finished. His demeanor was still the same but I sensed that he meant it.

I smiled wide. "No problem." He let go and I began to ascend upstairs and grabbed my bag and sweater to go.

I soon got outside and noticed Charles's driver was outside standing behind the car. I completely forgot I didn't have a car so I guessed Charles called him up.

I smiled and got inside. We soon made it to the store and I gradually went inside. The store was very wide and there were a lot of people around. I felt anxious because I haven't gone to this place before and I didn't know where to go. I grabbed a cart and decided to follow the signs up every aisle.

I finally found the pets aisle. I was roaming for a while and was almost up for defeat when I noticed it staring at me at the top of the shelf. Great, just my luck, they put the one thing I need up the shelves. I was about to go look for a store clerk when a tall guy got it.

I was great full for this life saver but before I could say anything my smile was dropped when I noticed him leaving.

I sighed and decided to turn and look for someone else when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned to look who it is and it was the same guy who just came. "I figured you needed this?" He grinned.

I looked at him, unsure. "For a second I thought you were a narcissist who would leave a poor woman just like that. Or were you just blind?" I question while forming my own smile.

He chuckled lightly. "I don't have it in me, my mom and sisters raised me well. Perhaps it's the men you've occasionally dated." He said jokingly.

"Ouch, that opened a wound." I played along. We both laughed and smiled at each other once again. "My name's Maria," I announced.