Chapter 11

It was Sunday and I couldn't believe I had school the next day. Charles and I had been avoiding each other. Mary would already be at the house when I awoke and she'd tell me how Mr. Storm had left for the day. Although I didn't care about him, I was still grateful that Mary told me even though she had no idea we weren't on speaking terms at the moment. The afternoon was easy for me since I would make dinner for dinner for myself before Mary would make dinner for him. I would usually eat in my room for the past two days but today I decided to eat in the dining room. Mad or not, it was awkward eating in my room.

Mary was cooking Charles dinner while I was sitting in the dining room and looking at my phone and letting my chicken casserole cool down. All my friends on Instagram seemed to be having a fun time while I was always stuck in this house doing barely anything. The only thing I was grateful for was all the movies I could watch for free.

I was enjoying the chicken casserole when I heard the door open. Was it him? I thought he didn't come home until 10 pm. I was shocked that he was home earlier than usual. He walked into the kitchen and saw Mary putting his food on a plate. Mary already noticed him come in. "Afternoon, Mr. Storm." She said curtly.

"Ms. Gonales, thanks for preparing my meal but I'd prefer my wife's cooking for today." I froze. What? Was he serious? He was annoyed with me cooking the other day but now he was trying an effort to try my food.

Mary smiled and nodded her head, understanding. "I'll keep this stored in the fridge."

"That won't be necessary, You can head home and bring it home for your husband and kids, Ms. Gonales." He told her nicely.

Mary quickly packed everything up and gave a chirpy 'bye' to me. I replied back and continued eating. I cursed at myself for keeping the rest of the casserole outside. I saw him grabbing a plate and serving himself to my food.

Once he was done he came over and sat the opposite of me. We were just silently eating and I would catch him looking at me a few times when I would look up from eating.

It felt awkward but luckily I was almost done eating my casserole so I would soon have a reason to leave the table.

"I'm sorry for what I said the other day, Maria."  He said.

I looked up at him. "Mr. Storm, if you had the time to remember your own contract, you would know that it allowed me to cook for myself, whether it's for me or for you." I replied. I know I was being stubborn. I could just accept his apology and we could move on but I feel like I needed to let that out. He let his head fall low.

"I recognized." I looked back at him and he lifted his head and made eye contact with me. "For the record, I loved your meal." I gaped at him. He realized that he got me tongue-tied and had a small smile playing on his lips.

I closed my mouth and still continued looking at him while he just continued eating as if nothing happened. "Thank you." I gulped.

I cleared my throat and got up to clean up the dishes. I was cleaning the dishes when I felt a strong hand on my arm stop me. I looked up, over my shoulder. "I'll clean the rest." He spoke. I realized we were in an intimate position. I swiftly stepped aside, allowing him space.

He was concentrated in his task at hand and I went to put the rest of the casserole in the fridge since I might eat some during the week. Suddenly I remember the only thing I forgot. How was I suppose to get to school in the morning? I would probably have to take at least 3 buses to get to my University. I would also have to wake up earlier than usual to get on time for my 9 o'clock class.

After I was done, I turned and Charles was already done with the dishes as well. He looked at me while wiping his hands and I quickly stared down the floor. "I loved the casserole." He told me.

I locked eyes with him again. "Thanks," I replied. "Well, I better go to my room." I told him.

He nodded his head knowingly. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask me, Maria." He said firmly. Again this was the second time he said my name. It sounded rich coming from his mouth that it almost made my legs turn into jelly.

I gave him a brief nod and left him alone to head inside my room.  I couldn't believe I was going back to my classes again tomorrow. I also didn't know what Emily was going to say when I told her why I moved.

Please vote and share xx