Chapter 5

"WE need to talk." And just like that, he barged in without my consent.

I close the door and let it slide, turning around and facing him, thinking on what I would say next. "Okay. Let's go to the Dining room." He nodded. We passed my sister and she was also surprised to see him, I quickly made a gesture so she knew this wouldn't take too long.

"So what do I owe the pleasure for, Mr. Storm?" I pushed out a chair and sat down opposite of him.  I was hoping he would allow the formalities to be dropped but he got straight to the point.

"It seems I've tried everything for our marriage to not happen, but it looks like I won't be able to change my parents' minds." I was silent, still not understanding why he was here, I thought we established the part where it was indefinitely going to happen. "I've decided we make a contract that allows us to be married for 2 years, to keep my parents satisfied. And when those terms are over, we move on with our lives." He concluded and I just looked at him bewildered and shocked.

"I...Why?" That's all I had to say, this dude was giving me the best way out of all of this and I was still shaken up and very doubtful by his decision.

"Ms. Quinn, I don't know if you haven't noticed but I believe in real Love. Even though I haven't found someone, I still would like it to come as natural as all relationships." I looked up at him, surprised that this brute had a heart. I didn't even think he was capable of saying something so true and real. At that moment, I wanted to hear more of his wisdom because he wasn't totally distinctive than I expected, for every rich and aloof guy.

I came back to reality and shook my head, understanding. "Of course, I agree whole-heartedly." I didn't know what else to say but allow him to say the next words.

"So do we have a deal?" I looked at his eyes but all emotions were hidden. He was good at that.

"Yes," I said.

He pulled out a stack of paper and I realized it was the contract. He already had this, I was startled but not surprised. He dropped a pen on top and I started to flip through the papers. "Of course, this is will be a platonic relationship but the only rule I have is, we don't share the same bed. Does that sound fine to you?" I was still checking at everything to make sure it was legit.

I nodded my head and continued to skim until I realized I was on the last page. I grabbed the pen and signed my name on the line. "Please be aware that once our contract is concluded, you will be paid $500,000."

I was shocked at the huge amount that he announced. "I don't need it," I answered.

He looked surprised at my accusation but didn't make a statement. "Just take it, it's the least I could do after the two years are over, Ms. Quinn." I nodded. something about his voice and the way he held my eyes, I just couldn't deny as much as I wanted to.

Just then, he got up and checked his watch. "I have to go, but make sure no one knows about our contract, especially your sister." He tilted his head to the direction where my sister was still watching the movie without me.

"Let me show you out." I got up and made our way to the entrance. I pulled back the door and moved aside, allowing him to leave. "Also Ms. Quinn, my Mother will be picking you up tomorrow for your wedding dress." He then left me looking baffled.

"What was that all about?" My sister questioned when I came to sit back down.

"Nothing, we were talking about his mother's wedding plan ideas," I said so smoothly.

"Oh." We stopped talking and continued with the rest of the movie.

I woke up the next day getting ready since I didn't know when Mrs. Storm would come to pick us up. My mother decided to join us since she wanted to make sure I had the perfect dress for this untrue marriage. But if I would be married only once in my lifetime, I might as well make it count.

I went downstairs and made breakfast for my family. My mom and dad came downstairs soon after and I gave them eggs, bacon, and an omelet. I was known as the chef in our house. I remember when I and my grandpa would always bake and cook. He was the one who taught me everything from actually cooking to knowing spices for the right food.

"This is so good." my mom gushed and praised at my food. I laughed and thanked her. We ate silently with a little talking here and there. "When are they picking us, Aria?" My mom questioned.

I was also wondering the same thing. I was scared to tell my mom that I didn't even have her phone number since his son didn't have the audacity to give me her phone number. But I was hoping she might know my address after all.

Suddenly I got a call from an unknown number. I decided to pick it up. "Hello?"

"Maria! This is Adrianna Storm, Charles's mother. I'm right outside, are you and your mother all dressed?" Mrs. Storm sounded lively through the phone and seemed like a bright and comfortable person. I could get used to her.

"Oh, Yes We're headed out right now." I answered.

"Wonderful, I'll be waiting." I hanged the phone and me and my mom gave my father both a kiss and left.

We came out of the house and saw a beautiful luxury black SUV short limo.