Chapter 13

I got up to cook dinner. When I went into the kitchen I noticed I was alone. I sighed. I wanted some alone time for a while even if it was in the kitchen and doing the thing I loved the most. I chose to cook fried rice since it was one of my favorites and I didn't know how much I was craving for some.

I was finishing up and stirring up the eggs I just added in when I noticed a silhouette near my eyes. I turned around and gasped. The first thing I saw was that he had no shirt on. He had a toned large, muscular form that accumulated with his height. I felt my cheek getting slightly warm. I was embarrassed for looking. I looked upon his face and his eyes were hooded and dark.

I turned around and finished cooking and closed the stove. "I made stir-fried rice." I heard my voice sounded so low and powerless. How could just the look of him make me feel so helpless?

"Let me help you." I heard him say. He approached me and grabbed a plate.

"I didn't pick you for the kind of guy with manners." I said. He looked down at me and I gave him a sly smile.

"I don't blame you. We don't know each other last I recall." He replied with his own smile.

"Well it's not like you ever tried talking with me." I stated. I was putting as much as my stomach could fill. I was really starving.

"What do you want to know?" I heard him say. I looked up at him. He was finally talking with me and now he was allowing me to talk with him.

I nodded. "How different was your a year ago?" I asked.

We moved to sit down at the dining table and we both sat on opposite sides. He looked at me with a questioning look. "Why that question?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It seems natural to ask sense things are complete 180 now." I replied.

He nodded, understanding. "It was fun but also boring. I woke up and went to work everyday. I did go to a lot of cool places for and off work."

"Were you satisfied?"

He looked at me and his eyes were distant for a second. He looked to be contemplating my question. "I'm satisfied with my social and job life but not so much for my personal life." He clearly expressed.

I shook my head in understanding. I dropped my head down and looked at my food.

"How about you?" I heard him ask cooly.

I thought about the question for a minute. Sure, I had school and I was determined for graduating and getting my degree but my life wasn't too full and bright like his. "I guess as normal as any college student." I answered.

He didn't respond to what I said but instead I decided to ask my other question. "Are you satisfied with your life now?" I looked straight up towards his face.

He looked back at me and his eyebrows were furrowed. "I don't think I have the answer to that now, Maria." He said smoothly.

I nodded my head once understanding.

"Where is the most interesting place you've been so far?" I asked him. I noticed he was almost done with eating while my plate was only half empty.

"I'd say Italy. I love their wine." He replied.

I laughed at his answer. "As that the only reason?"

"Besides that, I love every inch of the land and I love visiting the Verona when I get the chance." He said with all admiration in his eyes.

"I agree. I've only been to Italy for a school field trip and we visited Rome. I did remember reading about the Verona but never got the chance to go visit it." I remembered the time in high school when I went for a week in Italy. I wanted to go to the Verona but we never got the chance. I was very upset.

"It is indeed. I love how it still portrays a part of history." He finished.

I admired his devotion to the land. I saw that he was done eating. "Maybe some day, I could bring you?" He offered.

I looked at him, his eyes full but I knew that he meant it in someway like a promise that he would bring me there. I nodded my head. Soon I was eating again while he looked at me and I tried hard not to continue staring back at him. We both were silent but it was a comforting silence.

After I finished eating he got up and grabbed his plate. I was just about to get up and do the same when he came towards me and grabbed the plate from me. "You cook, I clean." He replied.

I didn't say anything and allowed him to take the plate from my hands. He was a man and the close proximity of him was clouding my mind and it didn't make it any better that he was shirtless.

He was finishing up the dishes and I looked at his defined back as he was cleaning. I decided to call it a night. "I'm going to my room." I said.

He closed the faucet and turned around to face me. "I was hoping we watch a movie together?" He suggested.

I looked at him as if he was crazy. A laugh slipped out from my mouth before I knew it. A movie didn't seem like a bad idea but with him shirtless. He was looking at me confused. "How about you put on a shirt and we can talk about a movie." I answered.

He had a smirk appear on his lips and nodded his head like a boy who was getting his Christmas treat.

I went in the living room and waited for him to hurry up.