Chapter 5

Shadow's POV —two days later

F*CK!

Shadow jumped a bit, not expecting to hear Sophie's pissed off mental voice this soon after she left.

"What's going on?" I looked to my left, where Gethen sat. Everyone in the compound was eating, and I guess I knocked my tray off the table when I jumped. Everyone was silent, watching us.

"It's Sophie. She just transmitted to me—I think she's in trouble, hold on,"

(A/N: Shadow is in bold, and Sophie is in italics)

What's going on?! Sophie!?

SHÏT! THEY FOUND ME.

"WHAT!?!" I screamed and thought at the same time. They weren't supposed to find her—not this f*cking early.

THEY'RE TAKING ME TO EXILE. F*CK! IM SO F*CKING F*CKED!

CALM DOWN FOR A SECOND, YOU'RE F*CKING STRESSING ME OUT TOO.

Ok ok, I'm sorry. Get Gethen. Tell him to get into this conversation, NOW.

"Gethen. Get into my head. NOW."

Sophie caught us up on the situation—how she was going to be held in Exile until her tribunal. They weren't going to do a mind break, and they were allowing her tribunal to be public.

And it was tomorrow.

(A/N: Gethen's mental voice is underlined like this)

F*ck. We're going to have to send you in, Shadow.

What—no backup?

I don't care what the f*ck you guys do—just make sure that I get out safe, and that we don't loose anyone.

I've always loved that about Sophie. Even though she's brutal, dark, and deceiving, she's still funny, merciful, and semi-forgiving.

She's been with us for months, and we've gotten pretty close. We both like dagger/goblin star throwing, and we love exercising and doing simple missions for the adrenaline rush.

I just wish that I could tell her how much I liked her.

Don't worry So, we're getting you out of there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bring her home safe. Or I swear, I'm going to rip your head off with my bare hands," Well, isn't he just a ray of sunshine is morning?

Gethen went over the plan again, making sure I had everything in my bag.

I was going to sit near the back, with my bag full of smoke bombs, throwing stars, daggers, etc.. Halfway through the Tribunal, I was going to set off the smoke bombs, knock everyone out with the disk that lets out gas, (A/N: The same kind of disk that Sophie used on her family in the first book.) and get Sophie out. The daggers and goblin stars were just a precaution.

I would be the only one going, since I would look the least conspicuous.

My shoulder length blond hair was down, and parted at the side. I had no make up on, my sky blue eyes and soft pink lips complimenting my hair and light tan skin tone perfectly.

I wore a loose, light blue tunic, the off-the-shoulder sleeves reaching down to my wrist. I wore black leggings and brown boots that went four inches past my ankle. I was 19, so it makes sense that I'd be there without any parents.