Chapter Eight

It was about 7 o'clock when Skylan took me home. I have to go to work so I left early. Skylan told me that he would come and get me tomorrow and we can start practicing. He's going to teach me my powers and how to control them. Skylan is a really great guy, he is sweet and has a soft side but he tries to be a hard ass. We were in his car and he was driving me home.

"Wanna grab a bite to eat first?" he asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Hold on tight." he says.

He drives fast down some back roads until he reaches a club on the outside of town. You can hear music all the way outside and there is a line of people wrapped around the building.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"Practice and intoxicated humans are the best. Their blood is sweeter." he says.

I nod. I go to get out and he stops me.

"Take off the sweater and flip your hair." he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"You look like a teenager." he says.

"Good point." I say.

I take off my cardigan and flip my hair. He looks at me and nods. I leave my purse in the car and get out. He comes over to my side and puts on sunglasses and hold some out for me. Cute. I take them and put them on and Skylan wraps his arm around my waist and we walk up to the bouncer.

"You're gonna have to wait in line." he says pushing us back.

Skylan looks at me and nods. I look at the bouncer in his eyes and he stares at me. I bat my eyelashes and smirk.

"Let us through." I compel.

He moves out the way and let's us through. I smile and Skylan and I walk in.

"Now, I want you to go up on stage and compel everyone." he says.

"I-I don't know if I'm ready." I say. I mean I just found out I could do all of this less than 8 hours ago.

"Try." he says.

I nod and walk up onstage. I yell for everyone's attention and everyone looks at me and the music is cut. I look out and see everyone talking and giving dirty looks and yelling for the music to get back on.

"Everyone shut up and don't move." I yell.

Everyone goes silent and doesn't move. I see a big dude in the crowd and tell him to hold the door. I pick a girl out from the audience and put her on stage with me. I went up behind her and drunk from her. She started squirming in my arms and I held her down until I was done. I let her go and told her to sit in the audience.

"Now, everybody forget what happened tonight. You came to the club, had some drinks and danced until you went home. Forget you saw me." I say.

No one moves and I smile.

"Continue." I say.

Everyone started dancing and the girl I bit hasn't even noticed her bite. I smile and walk to Skylan. He smiles at me and wraps an arm around my waist and we walk out. He opens the car door for me and I get in and he gets on his side and drives off to my house.

"You did great." he says.

"Really?" I say beaming with joy.

"Really. I'm impressed." he says.

"Why thank you." I say.

He smiles at me and continues to drive. I hear my phone go off and see its Harold.