Chapter One

"Liv get dressed. Darren invited us to dinner!" mom yells from down stairs.

"What time are we leaving?" I ask.

"7:30. We have to be there around 8:00. Dallas and Kellin will meet us there." she says. I smile at the mention of Dallas. I finally get to see him.

"Okay." I say.

Mom and I have moved into the house for about two weeks now. We started moving in about a week after I got turned into a vampire. They all helped me with my hunger and with me changing and everything. Mom watches over me, but I continuously tell her that I'm fine. We keep in touch with Darren all the time, he got a divorce from Elaine and got a cabin house about 2 miles out of town.

Elaine found out I became a vampire, tried killing me, mom and Darren. I tried biting her and she feared me. But that was before I got myself under control, and the hunger was really bad. Darren divorced her right on the spot. Beau and Cyndi broke up when he found out everything that happened between me and her on the trip, and he also found out she became pregnant and they never had sex. He tried reaching out to me again and I gave up on him and walked away. It was going to take a lot more than an I'm sorry for me to forgive him.

"Are you getting ready!" mom yells.

"Yes ma'am." I laugh.

I hear her laugh and finish getting the cakes out the oven. She made cupcakes to bring to Darren's. I walked into my closet and looked for something to wear. I decided on a navy, red, black and cream high waisted Aztec print skirt, a navy silk tank top tucked in, with a red blazer over it. I wore some black wedge ankle boots that are laced. I took my hair out of my bun and brushed it out and wore it down naturally.

I put on my regular make up with red lipstick. I sprayed perfume and walked downstairs. Mom was ready, she was putting cupcakes in a large container. She was dressed in her work clothes, a black and white stripped skirt with a thin black spaghetti strapped tank and a peach blazer over it.

"Get a bag before we leave." she says.

I nod and walk to the living room and grab a blood bag. I sit on the counter and take a drink. She grabs a blood bag and sits and drink with me.

"Is the hunger bad today?" she asks.

"No. This is actually the first drink I've had today." I say.

"How has your hunger been?" she asks.

"Good. I can control it." I say. They all say that I'm a miracle vampire, it take vampires months even tears to fully control their hunger and I got mine under control in just a matter of weeks.

She nods. "Do you think you are ready to go back to school?" she asks finishing her blood.

"I mean yeah I'm ready, but would you really consider letting me go back to school?" I ask.

"I mean yeah, you've been doing great working at the diner. I think you can actually go back to school." she says.

I smile. "When do I start?" I ask.

"Monday." she says.

"Wait are you and Dallas gonna be at school with me?" I ask.

"I'm not because I'm working at the office now, but Dallas will still be going to school with you." she says.

"So my boyfriend has to be my babysitter?" I ask.

"Looks like it."

A smirk plays on my face. "Well I know how to pay that babysitter." I smile.