Chapter 5: A Second First Kiss

Baby sister? Rebekah is Niklaus's baby sister. Fuck, I left the twins alone with one of them.

Niklaus hasn't explained anything yet. Just that he didn't want me to see what was happening in the room at the party.

Rebekah looks at me, she almost looked scared for me, and asked, "so how do you know my older brother?"

"I didn't until today," I began. "I was out with Damon Salvatore for my birthday, and he took me to Niklaus's party."

Looking at Niklaus she asks, "Damon was at your party? He brought a human to your party." Then looking at me she asks, "Wait how do you know Damon?"

I explained to how I met him because I work for Alaric at the armory. She just nods and looks at Niklaus, "I want to talk to you, Nik"

Niklaus looks at me, "please go upstairs for a minute. I need to talk to my sister "

"Why do I have to go upstairs. This is my house?" I argue crossing my arms over my chest. I know I want to change and check on the twins but I don't want to go upstairs because he told me to.

Niklaus sighs as he took a step closer to me looking me in the eyes, "Go upstairs and get into some pajamas. I will be up in a moment. And take the bracelet you got from Alaric and don't take it off."

I shrug at him and say, "Okay!" I head into the kitchen and slide the bracelet on then I head upstairs. Why did I just do exactly what he told me? I question myself as I change into a pair of pajama shorts and a sports bra. Then head down to the twins room. They're fast sleep and perfectly okay. I sigh with relief as I go back to my room and sit on the edge of my bed. I check my phone again. I have another text from the same number, "hey it's Damon. I'm just making sure you're okay."

"Yes Damon, I'm fine. Niklaus is here with me."

I throw my phone down on my bed and lay back. I could hear mumbles of Niklaus and Rebekah talking downstairs but I have no clue what they're saying. After a while of that, I hear the front door shut and footsteps up the stairs.

Niklaus is standing in the doorway of my room learning against the door frame. His hair was in a mess of slight curls as if he had just ran his hand through them. I look at him before saying, "do you need invited in here too you can you just walk in?"

He takes a few steps into my room before stopping. He didn't seem to want to get too close. "What do you want to know?" Niklaus asked. "a lot of stuff will be best is Alaric explains it."

"Well I know you need to be invited into places, and I saw people drinking blood. You mind-controlled Damon and I. But Damon couldn't do it to me. Why?"

"That's a long story and again Alaric will be the best to answer most of those questions. All you need to know is be careful of who you invite in, Love."

"You, Damon, Rebekah, and Elijah are vampires?" I question. Then without a pause, I ask, "What about Alaric?"

"He's not. That's why you should get the information from him." He took a few steps closer to me. Still not wanting to get too close. "Alaric used to hunt vampires, and now we are more allies than friends. Actually he probably hates me." Niklaus chuckles to himself.

I look at him as I sit up. I pat next to me on the bed and tell him, "you can sit down ya know. I'm sorry I don't have any actual seats in here." I don't know why I'm not afraid of him. I should be terrified.

Niklaus slowly walked over and sat down next to me on the bed. He was still in his suit from the party. It was a nice suit. I looked good on him, but honestly it'd look better on the ground. Wait what. Why did I just let myself think that? I could feel my face turning red as I tried not to look at him.

"What are you thinking about, Love?" I look up and Niklaus is looking at me. One eyebrow raised. I try to hide my face in my pillow. I didn't want to tell him I was thinking about his suit laying on my bedroom floor.

"Nothing!" I mumble from in my pillow. He places his hand around my neck softly and pulled me up into his lap. My heart starts pounding.

"You're nervous." He smirks, "Now tell me what you were thinking."

I look down shyly as I mumble, "Your suit on the floor." Hoping it wasn't loud enough for him to hear, but also hoping it was loud enough that I didn't have to repeat myself.

He pushes my chin up so he could look into my eyes. He then brushes a few strands of hair away. I can feel my heart speed up as he runs his hands down my sides resting them on my hips. "Niklaus." I whisper.

Before I said anything else he pulls me towards him and kisses me. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back. I don't know why but I want this so bad. I just met him and I want to do this. What the hell is wrong with me?