Chapter 25: Mommy?

Emaily's POV

The sound of the knock scared us all. Niklaus takes off his shirt and throws it across the room and is getting ready to remove his pants so he could turn again when I hear their sweet voices. Ambrelle and Angelo. I smile hugely as I run to the door. But Niklaus pulls me back to him. "You can't just open the door for anyone."

"Niklaus! It's my mom and the twins!!!!" I struggle to get out of his arms. I missed them so much. I wasn't allowed to see them and I thought Damon compelled her to think I left on a vacation. Until I was under control enough to not attack my family.

Alaric looks at Niklaus, "There are children out there. Do you really want them attacked by the vampires that may possibly still be lurking?"

Niklaus sighs and lets me go, "I swear if her mom is working with Katherine too, I will rip your throat out."

I run and open the door. Before I could say anything both of the twins run up attacking me with hugs, "EMAILY!" They both yell.

I bend down giving them hugs. "Oh my gosh you guys have gotten so big!" It's only been a couple months but it feels like I haven't seen them in years.

I stand back up and give my mom a hug ass the twins go running into the house chasing after each other. I just smile.

As I step back I look at my mom and then at Alaric and Niklaus, "I know you have met them before, but that's Niklaus and Alaric."

Niklaus looked at her coldly, "How did you find us? Are you working with Katherine or Trevor?"

"Trevor?" she asks softly, "So Trevor finally found you. I was hoping to keep you from this."

I roll my eyes and shoot a glare at Alaric, "Apparently everyone was."

My mom sighs and looks at me, "Did Trevor tell you about me at all?"

I shook my head and Alaric looked confused. He didn't know something for once. But the look on Niklaus's face he seemed to know something.

My mom began, "first, how I got here. I knew something was up when Damon had came to compel me to think you were on vacation. So I would go to the armory and check on you a lot. Just watching to make sure you were okay. When your dad showed up, I really started to worry something was wrong. I saw you and Alaric leave I had to follow. make sure you were safe. I didn't even think to get a babysitter. I just brought the twins with me.

Now the other part. Emaily, you have the werewolf gene. I am a werewolf."

I look at her shocked and then saw Niklaus's face nod as if saying, "That's what I thought." He looks at her and asks "what pack is your bloodline?"

She pulls her shirt off her shoulder revealing what I had always thought was a tattoo. It was a Crescent moon. "I'm a Crescent."

He nods, "North East Atlantic Pack."

"So it's true. You really are a hybrid." She looks over at me. "I don't know if you'll ever be able to trigger the curse now. Have you killed anyone, as a vampire?"

I shake my head. I never had to and they boys tried hard to train me so I wouldn't want to.

I step back running into Niklaus. He turns me so I am now facing him. He rests my head against his bare chest. I hear Alaric ask her, "So why did you keep this hidden from her?"

My mom sighs and says, "I told you, I wanted to protect her from this life. There was a chance that she didn't even have the gene so I never told her in the chance that she didn't posse the gene."

As Niklaus spoke he run his fingers through my hair. "She should've been told. She could have caused an accident or accidentally killed someone. Then poof one day she's a wolf. I didn't know about my wolf gene. When I killed to get set the vampire spell it triggered my werewolf curse. If she would've killed instead of just fed she would've triggered it. I don't know if she would survive after she triggers it. I know they don't survive if they trigger before they're turned."

Alaric looks at my mom, "He did some experimenting on wolves."

I tense up. I knew Niklaus wasn't the good guy in most people's stories but that comment scared me. But I know he won't hurt me. He wouldn't hurt me. Would he?

Niklaus picks me up and carries me to a recliner that's in the living room. I stay sitting on his lap with my face buried in his neck as they all continued talking. Discussing what could happen to me. Alaric telling my mom about my training. Niklaus talking about doing everything he can to keep me safe. I could tell by my mom's voice that she felt safe. She knew I was safe. I hear the giggles of the twins as they play in the kitchen. For a moment I allow myself to feel happy.

I sit up in Niklaus's lap looking at him. I run my fingers over his tattoo as he sat there talking. I start thinking about what he promised earlier. I set my hands on his abs and smile at him. Before burying my face back into his neck. He softy chuckles as he runs his hands under my shirt. Rubbing my back.

I kiss his neck softly before I climb out of his lap, "I'm going to go check on the twins." As I go to walk away he stands up behind me grabbing my waist. He pulls me close to him. Kissing my cheek before letting me go.

I smile and go see how the twins are. Now worried they too carry the werewolf gene. Hopefully we truly can protect them from this life.