Chapter 35: Normal and Happy

It had been a few weeks since the fight with Katherine. Things have finally gotten back to normal. For the first time since I was turned. I am back at the armory working with Alaric and the interns. Usually organizing the books and logging artifacts. The stuff I did before everything changed. I am now in the meetings for Alaric's 'Secret' projects. I don't pay attention most the time though. Usually it's Dorian talking about the newest possible creature.

I hadn't gone back to my classes. I would start back up in the fall, with the classes I took this semester. So right now I am home with the twins when mom is at work.

The twins think my absence was just a work trip. I had to go out of town for a couple months. They're young enough they'll believe anything. Mom knows the truth and that is our secret from them, for now. I told mom we had to explain it to them. When they're old enough to actually understand it. Mom finally agreed that they should know in the next few years.

The nights I am not watching the twins I stay with Niklaus. Elijah and Rebekah are there often too. So it is nice seeing them. At this point half my stuff is at their house. I keep stuff at home for when I watch the twins.

Mom has been trying to get her shift changed to days so she can just get a sitter while before or after school. She is trying to get me to move in full time with Niklaus. She wants me to have my own life. And probably get me out of their so the twins won't have to share a room with each other as they get older.

Last nights were one of the nights I had stayed with Niklaus. I was now officially his mate and wore his mark. He talks all the time about awakening my werewolf gene and making me a hybrid like him. That way we could someday have kids of our own. He also mentions getting married sometimes. He hasn't proposed yet, but I think he wants to know how I feel about it without directly asking. Honestly I would love to marry him.

He was still asleep when I woke up. So I decided to go down and make him breakfast. I fry up some bacon and scramble eggs before I grab a couple blood bags out of the fridge. I pour them both into glasses and load a tray with the food. I carefully carry it up the stairs to Niklaus's room.

I do have my own room in the Mikaelson house but I always sleep in Niklaus's.

I set the tray down on the table next to the bed as I softly kiss Niklaus, "Hey babe, I got you some breakfast." I whisper to him.

I hear him groan before he grabs me and flips me over him holding me against his chest. "You probably burned down the kitchen," he said sleepily.

I laugh and said, "I made it all by myself Niklaus, and I didn't burn anything."

He slowly sits up still holding me like. He is so adorable when he first wakes up. He takes a couple bites of the eggs before nodding, "Shockingly these are pretty good."

I laugh as he ate breakfast. I head to his closet and set out one of his nicer shirts and a clean pair of jeans, "Alaric has that thing at the Armory today, so get ready when you're done eating." I kiss his cheek as I walk out of his room.

I head into my room and grab one of my sundresses. This one was a light pink color with gold specks in it. It was one of Niklaus's favorites. I change into it tightening the spaghetti straps just enough so they wouldn't fall off my shoulders. I smile as do my hair in 2 french braids. I put on a tiny bit on lipgloss. As I do one last look in the mirror I hear from my doorway, "You look beautiful, Love."

Niklaus had gotten dressed and was now standing there waiting for me. I smile as he walks towards me. He bends down and kisses me softly before saying, "Let's go. Elijah has already left."

I smile at Niklaus and tease, "Don't worry, Alaric will know it's my fault that we're late."

We head down the stairs and out to the Armory.

Everyone was here already. The interns, old and new ones mingled about. Damon and Stefan were over playing cornhole with Alaric and Dorian. Elijah was standing there talking with my mom and Rebekah. The twins chasing each other like normal. I smile as I look up at Niklaus.

Everyone was together and happy. This is the my new normal. And I love it.