Chapter 21: Daddy Issues

"Dad?" I ask softly as I walk in. He looked exactly like he did when he died. Or when they said he died. The same green eyes and auburn hair shaved to just the perfect length.

His face glows as he smiles. The same way it did when I would bring him a flower from the garden. "Hello Emaily."

"I thought you were dead. Where the hell have you been?" I spat at him. I was already pissed off. I don't want to deal with pleasantries with a father that I had thought to be dead.

"Technically I am dead, and technically so are you." He tried to joke.

I looked at him and it became clear. He looked the exact same as when I was 8 because he got turned. He is just like me. I sigh and looked at him, "Stefan didn't kill you. He turned you." I then looked at Alaric, "You knew didn't you. You fucking knew and didn't bother to tell me. That means Stefan knew, Damon probably knew. Fuck I wouldn't be surprised if Niklaus and Elijah knew." I look back at my dad and continue yelling, "And you, have been alive for the past 17 years. And you just sat back and watched us suffer. Watch mom fall in love with another man who left her alone with a set of twin newborns. You know she's stuck raising 2 five year olds because I am not allowed to go home yet. Because guess what, there is someone trying to fucking kill me. If you would've came back home none of this would have ever happened."

I glare at Alaric once more as I storm out of the room. I didn't want excuses or apologizes. I fucking wish Niklaus would come back home. I just want him to hold me.

As I storm down the hallway I collide with Elijah. I glare at him as I push past him to try to keep walking. I didn't want to talk to him either. He didn't let me through though. He grabbed me and took me into the nearest room. Glaring at me he commanded, "Talk."

"Elijah I really don't want to talk about it. What I want is to be with Niklaus. And since I can't I want to be left alone." I really did not want to talk I don't know why he won't listen.

"I could call him. You know." Elijah said calmly.

I looked over at him, "call Niklaus?"

"Only if you talk first. And I'll call him so you can talk to him." Elijah is making a deal with him. God dammit.

I nod slowly, "only if I get to talk to Niklaus."

Elijah smiles softly, "only if you talk first. Then I'll call Niklaus."

I sigh heavy and look up at Elijah. "My dad's not dead. Well I guess technically he is dead. Like you and I are. But Stefan didn't kill him. He turned him."

Elijah nods his head, "And?"

"I was so pissed off with Damon," I continue explaining, "When I saw my dad standing there and knowing Alaric knew, I lost it. I yelled at them both. Reminded my dad that he left his wife and daughter. I thought he was dead Elijah. For 17 years I thought I'd never see him again."

I sit on the floor with my knees to my chest. I bury my face into my hands and start crying. Today has been so fucking overwhelming. "I'm sorry Elijah," I whisper.

He sits down next to me holding me against his chest. If I can't rip his suit I could at least tear stain it. I smile slightly at that thought.

After I calmed down a little bit Elijah pulls out his phone and punches in a number. He hands it to me as I starts to ring.

I hear the click as someone picks up, "Hello brother."

"Niklaus?" I whisper into the phone.

"Emaily, love? How'd you get Elijah's phone?"

"He let me call you. He said only for a couple minutes though. Niklaus, I miss you. Today has been awful. It's been months since I saw you." As I spoke my words got faster and faster as I felt myself start to cry again. "I really miss you, Niklaus." I whisper into the phone.

"I know, Love. I'll try to be home soon. Can you give the phone back to Elijah now. I'll call you in a couple of days."

I sigh as I say, "okay Niklaus, I'll see you soon."

I get up and hand Elijah back his phone, "he wants to talk to you. I'm going to see if Alaric and my dad are still in the office."

Elijah nods as he takes the phone, "Brother?" He says into the phone as I walk out.

I wonder back down to Alaric's office. They're still in there talking. I push open the door just enough and slip in.

They stop mid sentence and look at me. I look over at Alaric and say, "I'm sorry I freaked out Ric. I don't think I'm quite use to the heightened emotions yet."

I walk over to him and give him a hug. He squeezes me tight as he says, "it's okay hun, I was just trying to look out for you. I really thought I could keep this life hidden from you."

I could tell he felt awful about keeping it hidden from me. It wasn't his place to tell me anyways.

Alaric lets me go and I climb onto his desk. I look over at my dad and say harshly, "Trevor."

"Emaily," he began. But my glare cut him off. He knew I didn't want his apologies or excuses. He knew he should've came home.

I look at Alaric and ask, "so when did you meet Trevor?"

Alaric laughs a little before answering, "I've actually known your father since we were about 10. We grew up together and were bestfriends in school. When he heard the truth about Isobel he found me and wanted me to keep an eye on you. So I tried to keep you safe. You see how well that worked out."

"I've met you before I took your class hadn't I?" I asked.

"When you were a baby. I actually have a couple pictures of me holding you somewhere." By the smile on his face I knew he was enjoying this. He actually looked happy that my dad was here. Unlike all the stress we've been dealing with the past couple weeks.

I smile as Alaric talks about his friendship with my dad. Just for the moment I want to enjoy the peace.

Just as I thought that there was a loud bang down the hallway. Within seconds Damon and Stefan stormed in with Elijah not too far behind.

Damon looks at me and then at Alaric. "she's here."