Chapter 33: The Aftermath

We all go inside and sit in the living room. Most of us covered in blood. We decide to wait until morning to see what happens with Katherine. If she dies we burn her with the rest of the bodies. Damon joined us a little awhile. I really couldn't tell if he was happy or upset that Katherine is being dealt with.

Niklaus sits there holding me tight against his chest. I listen to the beating of his heart as we sit in silence. The twins should be waking up soon. I doze off in his arms as the sun starts to rise, shining slightly through the windows.

Not too long later the sound of the twins giggling wake me up. I smile as I try to snuggle closer to Niklaus. He lifts my chin so our eyes meet, "Come on Love, let's go deal with Katherine."

I groan as he stands up and sets me on the ground. He squeezes me tightly and we head towards the door.

We head outside to check on our prisoner. Katherine was alive still but barely breathing. I look up at Niklaus, "What should we do with her? Should we give her one more chance?"

Niklaus smirks, "If we give we another chance and she promises to leave you alone, she has to work for my blood." He smiles and takes the vile, "Now remember this was your idea." He says placing the vile out in the sun. I walk over to her and slide off her daylight ring. I slide it onto my own finger.

I look over at Katherine, "So here's the situation. There is the vile of blood. Chances are you won't make it to night. Without your daylight ring, You can get to the blood but it'll hurt a lot. So the choice is yours. You get the blood and live, but it'll definitely cause pain. Or you can die right here." I shrug as I walk off. Niklaus unties her with a smirk before saying, "And you even think about touching her again. I will rip your throat out."

We sit on the steps to the porch for a while watching Katherine. She slowly sticks her hand into the sun before quickly pulling it back. I hear Niklaus chuckle at her pain. She tries it again. Quickly pulling her hand back.

I don't know if I am amused or if I feel bad for her. The amount of pain and hell she put us through that I wouldn't even feel the slightest bit bad. But I do. I shake the thoughts out of my head and rest it against Niklaus.

We sit there watching her grow weaker as she tries to figure out how to get the vial of blood. It was about noon the sun full in the sky. She finally grabs a stick and knocks the vile close enough to grab. Niklaus gets up and blocks it, "before I let you have this I am going to warn you one last time, come anywhere near us again and I will kill you no hesitation."

He then kicks it to her. She drinks it quickly before running off. Niklaus sits back down next to me for a few minutes. We sit there staring at the mess knowing we would have to clean this before some human stumbles out here.

Alaric, Stefan, Damon, and Elijah slowly come out of the house and meet us on the porch. The rest of told will be us gathering bodys and burning them.

Niklaus, Elijah, and I head into the woods collecting the bodies that were left out there. While Alaric, Stefan, and Damon gather all of the ones around the house into one place. There were dead vampires everywhere.

I drag them back to the yard two at a time. I leave them at the tree line so they can drag them to the pile. Damon had already lit the first couple. Trying to keep the fire small enough that it wouldn't get called in.

We work for hours checking the woods for anyone we might have missed. Once we no longer found any in the woods we head back up towards the house. Alaric had started a second fire on the other side of the yard trying to get everything cleaned up fast. I really want to go inside. The smell of the bodies burning was making me sick.

As if Niklaus read my mind, or maybe just looked at my face, he picks me up and carries me into the house. He sets me in the bathroom as he turns on the shower. "I'll be right back Love." He says before kissing my forehead and walking out of the bathroom.

I sit on the toilet seat waiting for him to come back in. He does with a stack of clean clothes. He helps me get out of my blood soaked clothes. Before removing his own. He puts me in the shower and just stands there holding me.

The water feels good on my skin. Warm and slowing rinsing off the dried on blood. I finally relax. It is over.

Niklaus lets go of me and grabs a bottle of shampoo. He squeezes just a little bit in his hand before working it into my hair. I smile at him. He stands me under the water letting the soap was out as he soaps up his own hair. He quickly washes his hair out before lathering up some soap on a washcloth. He softly runs it over my skin. I don't even try to fight it I just let him wash me up. He quickly washes himself up while I rinse off. He shuts off teh shower and hops out wrapping a towel around his waist before grabbing one and wrapping it around me. He lifts me up out of the tub like a little kid and just holds me against his chest as he sits down on the toilet seat with me in his lap. I feel myself grow really tired.

After a while of sitting there in silence he rubs his fingers over my neck. "I want to make you mine, Love."

I smile at him and sleepily mumble back, "I want you to make me yours."

He holds me tighter and softly says, "Soon."

He finishes drying me off and slides one of his shirts on me. Then grabbing the pair of his sweatpants he slides them on me next. He slides on a pair of jeans and picks me up. I rest my face into his neck as he carries me up to his room upstairs. He lays me down on the bed and says, "I'll put our clothes in the washer so you have something to wear when we head home tomorrow."

He bends over and kisses me. As he heads out of the room I snuggle up in the blankets and fall asleep.