Chapter 11: Dead or Alive

I wake up in my bed with Damon holding me against his chest. I feel so sore and so hungry. What happened?

I try to recall what had happened. Someone by the name of Katherine Pierce tried to break my neck? Or was that a bad dream? I really have no idea what is going on right now.

I try to slowly sit up. But the light burned. I hurried and laid back down burying my face in Damon's chest. I'm trying so hard not to cry right now. I hurt so much and I am starving but I can't get up without my head spinning.

Holding me Damon whispers, "Hey, What's wrong?"

I just shake my head as the tears start to flow. He runs his fingers through my hair. Just holding me before asking again, "Emaily, What is wrong?"

I answer him this time, but I am freaking out. "I don't know, Damon!" I try to say between sobs, "Can you call Alaric.... and Niklaus. Please. It just hurts."

I am curled in a ball on my bed. Damon gets up and walks into the hall to call them.

I can hear everything he is saying, "Hey Ric, I'm at Emaily's can you and Niklaus get over here something is extremely wrong."

After he hung up with Alaric I hear him sigh again as he started to dial again, "Klaus, It's Damon Salvatore. You need to get over to Emaily's house asap."

He comes back into my room and pulls me into his lap. I squeeze my eyes shut and bury my face back into his chest. I was trying so hard to calm the tears but I couldn't. I couldn't control anything.

~~~

Within the hour they were both here and in my room. The hunger was almost unbearable and I still couldn't set up without my head spinning. Niklaus took me from Damon, receiving a glare in return. "Hey love," He whispers, "Explain to me exactly what happened."

"I'm not sure, I thought it was a dream. I had fallen asleep with Damon in my bed. I had woken up and he was gone. So I went looking for him, and his car was still in my driveway so I know he didn't go too far. But there was this person, a woman. She said her name was Kather-"

And before I could finish her name Alaric, Damon, and Niklaus all go, "Oh fuck."

Damon started pacing back and forth in my room freaking out, "I'm going to fucking kill her! What did she do to you? She killed you, didn't she?" Damon was pissed. The black veins shooting under his eyes.

I nod softly, "Why I was looking for you she snapped my neck. I don't know how I ended up back in my bed."

Alaric groans, "And she had Niklaus's blood in her system."

"And also Damon's," I mumbled.

Niklaus looks at me jealousy shoot across faces, "You need to feed Love."

I bury my face back into Niklaus's chest. "I don't want to feed. I don't want to do anything. Everything hurts."

"If she wants to," Alaric began, "She can feed on me. But we need to get her out of here before her mom and the twins get home."

"She needs a daylight ring, Ric," Damon said sliding his off. "I'll hide up here until nightfall and then I'll come to find you. Right now I'll call Stefan and see what he knows about what Katherine has been up to." he slides it on my middle finger. "Please be careful, okay? And please feed as soon as possible." He kisses me on the forehead.

"How long before I have to feed?" I ask. "I really don't want to have to feed on Alaric if I don't have to."

Niklaus looked at me. "From the looks of things she has a few hours. 4 at max. Come on Love." He picks me up and carries me down to his car. Alaric parks Damon's car around the corner, in case my mom questions it, and then follows us to the Armory.

Niklaus lifts me up out of his car and runs me into the Armory. I felt really tired and as my eyes start to drift I hear Niklaus yell, "Alaric she needs human blood really soon! She's drifting."

I grab ahold of his shirt, "You smell good," I mumble. But then I smell something else. Something sweet. I pick my head up off of Niklaus's chest and see Alaric dragging a knife across his arm. I can feel the veins run up my face.

"Niklaus, don't let me do it," I beg him. I am afraid I won't be able to stop. I don't want to hurt Alaric.

"You need to feed. You won't hurt Alaric. I promise I'll make sure you stop." Niklaus kisses my forehead and takes me over to Alaric. "Drink," he says pulling Alaric's arm to my face.

"I'm sorry Ric," I say as I reluctantly bite into his arm.

I hear Alaric ask, "Can you stop her now Klaus, Fuck."

I could imagine the smirk as he says, "Of course Ric." Then he grabs my neck and softly pulls up and says, "You need to stop before you suck him dry."

I pull right up, Niklaus looked at me a little confused as I said, "Thank you, Ric, and again, I'm sorry."

I walk out into the hall. As I slide down against the wall I hear him say, "It shouldn't have been that easy for her to break away."