Chapter 8: Vampire Tests

I just sit there in Niklaus's lap. Confused as all hell. The fact that they're vampires didn't scare me, the fact they both wanted me didn't scare me, what scared me was why. Why did none of this scare me?

"So what else can you do?" I ask Niklaus.

He's sitting there rubbing the back of my leg. Looking down at me. "There's a lot I can do. Come on and I'll show you." He stands up and sets me back on the ground. Looking at Alaric he smirks and says, "Don't worry I won't hurt her too badly."

"Just take Damon with you guys, please. If you can show her something that involves hurting anyone you guys can hurt each other." Alaric looks at me, "Don't let them dumbasses hurt you. Okay?"

"I'll make sure we find Damon," I laugh as we walk off.

We wander around the Armory for a while before we finally found him. He walked up the hall towards us. Stopping as soon as he realized I was with Niklaus again. "The fuck is he doing here?" Damon asks.

"Well, Hello Damon. We're going to show her what all we can do. Since someone had to let our secret out." Niklaus says smirking at Damon, "Alaric told me we couldn't hurt her so I get to break your neck a few times."

Damon groans then picks me up and runs off to one of the many empty rooms. We get there in a matter of seconds as he sets me down Niklaus was right there with us. "First thing you should know. Super speed." Damon explains, "We can get to point a to point b freaky fast."

"You should work for Jimmy Johns then," I tease. They both groan at my joke.

Niklaus walks up behind Damon and before Damon could do anything Niklaus snaps his neck and he falls to the ground. I start to move towards him in a panic. "Just wait one minute, he'll be back up," Niklaus says.

And he was right, a couple of minutes later Damon hops back up, "I fucking hate when that happens," Damon complains, "But yeah we can heal ourselves. The only ways to kill normal vampires are, 1. burn us, 2. rip out our heart, 3. cut off our head, 4. wooden stake to the heart or 5. Kill our sire. Niklaus on the other hand. The only thing that will kill him is a white oak stake to the heart. And to ensure self-preservation. He destroyed all of the white oak. Except for one piece that Alaric has."

Niklaus then grabs my arm. "We can heal humans too. Do you want to see?" A smirk upon his face again, "You have to give me permission to hurt you."

I look at Damon and then back at Niklaus, "Sure show me. But Alaric will kill you both if there is a scratch on me."

"I promise Love, it'll only hurt for a minute." Niklaus grins as Damon threw a dagger to him. Catching it he then swiftly stabs me in the stomach. I scream in pain as I drop to the ground. Damon turns and walks out of the room closing the door behind him, as black veins shoot up under Niklaus's eyes. Niklaus bites into his own arm and holds it up to my mouth, "Drink." he growls at me. His fangs were showing.

Trying to fight the pain I drink Niklaus's blood. Within a few seconds, the stab wound heals as if it was never there. After I drank enough Niklaus gets up and walks out of the room. I am now sitting there alone.

A few minutes later both the boys came back in. Niklaus's face was back to normal. Damon helps me stand back up and asks, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Damon. I was just sitting here thinking while you guys were out."

"What about?" Damon asks. I lean against his chest and see the jealousy strike across Niklaus's face.

"About my dad, and how he died," I say sighing.

"How'd he die? Do you know?" Damon asks.

I sit down on the floor again looking up at both of them, "I was about 7 and he was gone on this hunting trip with a couple of his friends. He went out to get some firewood for the night. And his friends said he didn't come back. They went to go find him but it was too dark, they couldn't find him. A few days later Sheriff Forbes and one of the park rangers said that he was found, and it looked like he had been mauled by an animal. It wasn't an animal was it?" My eyes were tearing up.

Niklaus sat on the ground and pulled me against his chest. "What was his name love, we'll find out who did it."

"Trevor Sterns," I whisper as I bury my face into Damon's chest for a second trying to calm down.

Damon and Niklaus both glare at each other. I got up and say, "I'm going to try to see if Alaric needs any help. You can show me more tomorrow." As I walk out of the room I hear Damon go, "It wasn't me! I wasn't even in Mystic Falls then."

Niklaus replied with, "well it wasn't me. I was out looking for Elijah 17 years ago. I believe we were in France."

I stood there leaning against the door listening to them bicker about who could've done it.

"If it wasn't me, and you were in France then who el- Fucking Stefan!" I hear Damon yell. I hear footsteps come towards the door so I ran down the hallway back towards Alaric's office.

~~~

I stay later today because I came in so late and wanted to get the rest of the books sorted onto their shelves. Damon and Niklaus made a few appearances throughout the day but never stuck around long. Probably trying to avoid me until they knew how I was feeling. As I went to leave I remembered I didn't drive here today. I could walk home, but it was late and dark, and apparently there are vampires that would kill me chilling about.

I slowly walk down to Alaric's office hoping he was still here. Right as I go to knock on the door Damon opens it.

"Is Alaric still here?" I ask him. "I need a ride home."

"I can take you. I think Ric left a little while ago. He's mad that I let Klaus stab you." Damon laughs a little. "He'll get over it, come on."

We walk out of the Armory. Damon locks the door and sets the alarm before heading for his car.

He drives me home and I get out of the car. Mom's car isn't here, which is weird. She was supposed to be off tonight that's why I wasn't worried about working late. I walk up to the door and said to Damon, "Can you come in with me? Mom isn't home and she should be and what if something happened?"

"Calm down, I guarantee she's okay. I can check the house with you just like formally invite me so I can."

I unlock the door and walk into the house turning around I hold out my hand, "Damon Salvatore would you please come in." I say with a smile.

He walked into the house and he checked the downstairs for me. "Hey Emaily, Come here." I hear him yell from the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and grab a note from Damon that read:

Emaily,

Grandma wasn't feeling real good so the twins and I are staying the night with her. There is some leftover pasta in the fridge if you're hungry. Text me when you read this.

I love you,

Mom

I relax a bit as I pull out my phone to text my mom. I look up at Damon and ask like the idiot I am, "I've never been home completely by myself before, do you think you can stay here with me tonight?"

Damon smiles, "Of course."