Chapter 20: Trips and Mystery Guests

It had been a couple more weeks since my break down in the gym. But thankfully Elijah had been around so much more. He has been making sure I fed regularly and talking to me before I have a freak out again. I know he is doing this so he could keep an eye on me for Niklaus, but I like his company. Even if he still won't tell me where Niklaus went.

I have been helping Alaric follow whatever leads we could get on Katherine. We load up and hunt her down but we always just miss her as she slaughters half the town and then moves on. So then Stefan and I, and occasionally Elijah, will go around compelling the town to completely forget about the attacks. It's kinda fun being a part of his secret projects as the other interns do the annoying stuff like sorting artifacts and shelving books.

Damon has been coming to more of the fight training. Slowly becoming more sober. He hasn't joined in with any of the training though, just yelling dumb shit at Stefan or mocking Elijah as he yells out tips at me. I wonder if Alaric finally yelled at him about the drinking.

Today, Stefan and I are fighting in the gym with Elijah standing against the wall recording. They have been taking turns fighting against me and recording so I could learn my weaknesses. I really wanted to fight Elijah today so I could try to get him to rip his suit. I always tell him he would rip it from fighting in it but he never does. He remains flawless, but then again he isn't the one always on the ground. The day I could actually beat him, hell would have definitely frozen over.

Stefan and I swing at each other for awhile. Our sticks normally colliding together. I've at least been able to block his with the stick now. I see an opening so I take a swing at Stefan and actually knock him down. As he falls onto the ground I hear clapping. I turn around to see who it was.

Damon.

He smirks as he walks to the center of the floor. He takes Stefan's stick and swings at me. I jump back so it barely missed my stomach. I grin big as I take a swing at him. It colliding with his rib cage. Watching him stumble back a tiny bit. I could tell by how he dodged that, that he is at least hungover. I swing again as he walks back towards me this time meeting his stick with mine. He swings high this time causing me to duck. I take that opportunity to swing at his feet. He jumps over the swing as I stand back up. We both swing this time just causing out sticks to meet again. He gets an opening and knocks my stick out of my hand. He walks over to it and kicks it over to Stefan. "Pick it up brother, let's see if she can take US both."

How he said that stung. I knew what he was hinting towards. I could feel my face burning.

I don't have a stick to block with as they both took swings at me. Both of their fighting patterns are so different it's hard for me to get a rhythm going. As soon as I would dodge on the other world make contact, knocking me down often. I am able to get a punch or a kick in sometimes. But then I get hit by the other one.

Elijah was still standing there watching. I knew he would stop it if he didn't feel I could handle it. He probably wanted to see how well I could do against the both of them. But even both of them together wasn't as hard as fighting Elijah.

I dodge Damon's swing and just as my fist collides with his jaw there is a swing at my legs making me drop to the floor. Instead of getting up I do something dumb. I crawl towards Damon ramming into his legs making him fall down. I hurry and grab his stick he dropped when he fell.

I stand up and just ass I go to take a swing at Stefan, Damon wraps his arms around me picking me up, "Well that wasn't very nice." He says cockily.

I try to swing the stick around at him as he holds me. I am trying to squirm to break free. But it didn't work. He takes me and throws me across the gym floor causing me to slide almost to the wall. He then walks over grabbing the stick back from me smirking. I groan as I stand up. I completely ignore Stefan's attacks now as I go for Damon. I knock him down again sliding the stick across the room. I am so pissed off at him. Why was he being like this. As I walk over and pin his arms under my knees there was still a few hits from Stefan hitting into my side. I try my best to ignore the pain though.

I do everything in my willpower to not punch Damon in the face as I sat over him. I know we are sparing but I actually want to hit him, I wanted to hurt him. I keep him pinned the best I could just glaring at him. Until Stefan wraps an arm around me lifting me up off of his brother. Elijah walks towards the center of the gym handing me the camera, "That's enough for today. Em, Alaric wants to see you in his office."

I groan as Stefan sets me down on the ground. He then heads over to help Damon up. I give Elijah a quick hug as I walk out of the gym and head towards Alaric's office.

I can feel the bruises heal as I walk down the hallway, I guess that's an advantage of being a vampire, quick healing.

As I get closer to Alaric's office, I hear a voice talking to him. I sit down against the wall listening. I decide to wait awhile before I finally decide to walk in. The voice sounded so familiar. Like one from my childhood.

I finally get up and open the door. As I walked inside I see who the familiar voice belonged to.

My father.