Chapter Three

Scarlett thought she would have the same routine in school greetings here and there, social activities, and same school events. Caily reached out to Scarlett at the cafeteria around lunchtime while Scarlett was multitasking between studying for her Computer test and eating a slice of pizza.

Scarlett sarcastically says "sure it is discreet."

Caily rolls her eyes and starts to explain. She then adds "they need people like me, a wanted ideal girlfriend. They want someone who is game to go out on a date and be their girlfriend short or long period of time plus, cupid can choose either we accept it or not. Except for the first client, Valentine chooses the first client for the cupid and us cupid can't say no for our first client. But our image is important too and Valentine Inc will make sure the first client are good ones. Also, inc. is only active in our school."

Scarlett scoffs "And you guys still get paid? The inc. does realize that is just a bogus system. Don't they have legal documents? What if there's no one who accepts to be played as my fake boyfriend?" Come to think of it Caily has dated a lot of guys in this school through course in high school till now and it made me think which ones are from Valentine inc.

"Then the Valentine Inc. gives your money back and also makes sure your cupid won't say anything."

Scarlett closes her Computer notes and takes one last bite of her pizza looks at the time. "lunchtime is over. Last question, how much do you get paid?"

Caily gets up from the table as well holding her limited-edition Gucci bag that has a red scarf on it "Depends. But the minimum payment is no joke."

SCARLETT

I have been thinking about Valentines Inc. after the talk with Caily. That's what  I can think about in-class hours. I wasn't really interested to become the customer I was thinking about becoming one of the cupids. Is that like being a host in Japan? I mean Caily did mention about the rank cupid. I really don't know, what my family would think about it. It isn't really prostitution cause it's only dates and pretending girlfriend plus Valentines Inc. helps you to make sure the client and cupid's relationship is just a contract professional work service thingy. If I want to follow Nick's study in New York without being smart like him cause I'm not that smart, I should start saving money. This isn't a sugar daddy thing, is it? Caily said cupid can quit anytime but that's Caily we're talking about.

In hours of thinking I made a risk to dive in, I'm gonna apply as Cupid.