Chapter Eleven

"Scarlett! Justin's here!" Scarlett's dad calls her from the front door. "I'll be right there dad!" Scarlett's replied hurrying to pack all the study notes. Saturday morning plans to study. She then came out seeing Justin tucked in polo shirts definitely looked like the son of men's golf club standing in the front porch. Nick came out as well to see who's in the front porch step surprised it wasn't Brad Bowell but it was Justin Powers.

"Please come back home early as you can." Scarlett's dad point at Scarlett reminding her of his other hand holding a mug. Scarlett kisses her dad and had a secret handshake with her brother before leaving, "Yes dad, bye!" she has left.

"Aren't you worried about it dad? Whole Saturday 'study' and do some 'school activities?'" Nick asked their dad who seems to be cool with it both looking from the window watching Scarlett leaving in the car of Justin.

"I think Justin's gay." Dad shrugs his shoulder continues to sips from his mug.

"Wow, you live in the upper state beside shopping areas? No surprise, you're really rich." Scarlett amazes while they have driven past around the expensive boutique stores.

"Oh no darling, we're going shopping." Justin smiles.

"Huh? I thought we're studying."

Justin looks up and down to Scarlett's outfit, "And let you look like that at the evening party? Hell no, we're going to give you the ultimate makeover." Justin then turns up the stereo with Beyoncé's music.

SCARLETT

I have been getting looks by the sales lady about my sizes, well I'm still gonna eat later though cause it's an event that has to do with food-related. Some of the parts made me think like I was one of those movies but some didn't like for example, I still look the same with makeup and without it, I wore contact lenses before I wasn't makeover, I can also walk in heels. Well, the other like in a spur moment like I was in the movies was the haircut transformation, wearing from heavy pieces of jewelry to another heavy jewelries, wearing cocktail dresses that I have been wearing a lot and Justin either swipes it left or right, dancing and performing in the middle of those dress tryouts. We took breaks by the afternoon and went to the café, it's Justin's favorite. But the truth, I think it's one of the baristas. They have been staring at each other like they're doing something that I have no idea about. Those two have their eyes dancing each other, mine's dancing with the good cinnamon toast. "Why don't you go and make a move, I think he like you too." I encourage him to say something. He shakes his head acting shy all of the sudden, "Nah, It's fine. There's still next time. I go here every time, don't I? God Scarlett, can't you eat properly?" Justin wipes some crumbs off my mouth with his napkin. I laughed "thank you. I don't understand why you want to hide from your dad about you are. Are you two not close?" I ask Justin. "Actually we are, and that's why I'm terrified to show who I really am. Aren't you? If you have to admit to Nick and your dad that you're doing this job and you're a cupid wouldn't you keep it a secret?" Damn, he's so right. He is smart. If Harper exists at this moment I would feel so small.

"You're right."

"I know. Anyways, spill the tea between you and my soon to be stepbrother."

"Stepbrother?"

"Wait you didn't know this engagement announcement is about between my dad and Brad's mom Anita? Oh no, if you and Brad and I introduce you to my dad as my girlfriend..."

"Fuck."

"Fuck indeed."

"I'm not actually dating your soon to be stepbrother but just to give him heads up of what's happening we have to talk to him."

"Right, I'm calling him now. The party is tonight so we have to do it as soon as possible."

"Pick up butthead."

"Hello? What's up, bro." Bradley's voice over the phone.

"Umm.." Justin covers the phone leans on me whispers, "Again no one knows I'm gay."

I nod in silence. Then Justin continues to talk Brad over the phone.

"This is important but also you need to know it ahead of the tie before the event later, so are you okay if I say it now over the phone? I'm gonna put it on speakerphone cause there's one more person who's an accomplice." Justin then go ahead and put the phone on speaker.

"Who's one more person accomplice what?"you can hear Bradley's voice in confusion.

"Don't say anything first and let me talk, questions later. I asked Scarlett to be my fake girlfriend/date on later Valentines. I-"

"Scarlett?! Bro-"

"I SAID DON'T SAY ANYTHING FIRST. Okay, I know Scarlett is your girlfriend or maybe fake cupid but I don't hella care about it really. Just please 'bro' lend me, Scarlett, for this time and also at Nana's birthday. I really have a strong reason to do this and I can't tell you what reason is it but someday you'll understand. Okay, bro?" Justin then finishes his speech waiting for Brad to answer.

A moment of silence then we were relieved by Bradley's answer...

"Okay, bro."