Sick

It was monday and you weren't attending school today. you had a slight fever and needed to rest for a while. you were laying on your bed and listened to the small raindrops falling onto your window. you were waiting for your mother to bring you some breakfast. "how are you feeling sweetheart?" your mother walked in with some toast and milk. you gratefully accepted it. "not too great" you responded taking a sip of your milk. your mother sat down on your bed and layed her hand on your forehead. "still a fever, will you be okay on your own? I have to run an errand" she asks a little concerned. "Ill be fine mom I can take care of myself" you chuckled and your mother gave you a small smile. "I'll see you in the evening" she said before kissing your forehead and walking out. you finished your breakfast and went back to sleep.

about two hours later you suddenly heard a knock on the door. you groaned and got out of bed. you threw the blanket to the side while you walked out of your room only wearing your nightgown. you walked down the stairs annoyed and shivering from the cold floor. 

you slowly opened the door. your face immediately lit up when you saw your boyfriend Gilbert Blythe standing in front of you. he looked worried and he was soaking wet because of the rain. "Y/n are you okay?"  he asked as he stepped inside. "I ran into your mother and she told me you were sick so I immediately came" he said. "I'm fine it's just a cold" you said while Gilbert took of his coat. "what are you doing?" you ask chuckling. before he could answer you sneezed. Gilbert chuckled as he thought your little sneeze was cute. "you should go Gilbert or you'll get sick as well." you said "I dont care. I'm taking care of you wether you like it or not" he said grinning he pecked your cheek before walking into the kitchen. "I'll make you some soup, go lay down" he took both your hands and kissed your forehead as he started cooking. "Gilbert you really don't have to do this" you chuckled. "yes I do, I'll do anything for my girl" he smiled and squeezed your hand. "please, just go to bed" he said when you sniffled he pressed another kiss on your face, this time on your red nose. you blushed and nodded as you headed upstairs. 

you looked into the mirror to see you looked an absolute mess. you sighed and layed back down as your head started spinning.

a few minutes later Gilbert rushed into your room with soup and handed it to you with a spoon. you took a few sips. "hmm this is delicious" you smiled as he sat down on your bed stroking your leg with his fingers. "glad you like it" he smiled bright. when you finished your soup he wrapped you up in blankets pressing kisses all over you face causing you to giggle. He loved it when you giggled he thought it was one of the cutest things ever. 

he took your empty bowl and went downstairs to do the dishes. "Gilbert you don't have to do that" you said. "stop saying that Y/n I'm just being a good boyfriend" he walked down after giving you one last kiss.

he quickly finished the dishes and went back upstairs to find you out of bed you were standing in front of your window watching the rain outside. Gilbert stared at you as you turned your head around. he blushed slightly when you caught him staring. "Y/n... you should be sleeping" you looked up. "laying in bed all day is boring" you said pouting. Gilbert chuckled and wrapped his arms around you. "even when I'm here to cuddle with you?" he pressed a kiss on your cheek. he picked you up and carried you over to the bed. he tickled you causing you to burst out in laughter. he then layed down next to you wrapping the blankets around you both while he squeezed you tight. "get some rest princess" he whispered in your ear while playing with your hair. you look up at him as he pressed a few more kisses onto your face causing you to giggle. 

Gilbert pressed his lips on yours and you quickly pushed him away. "no Gil you'll get sick" you say. he pouted "please?" he looked at you with puppy dog eyes and you chuckled. "I don't want you to get sick" you said tracing your fingers on his face moving up to his fluffy curls. "I don't care I want my daily kisses" he said pouting again. you chuckled. "fine but if you'll get sick it's your own fault" you said now running your fingers through his hair. "I'll probably get sick anyway. I walked here in the pouring rain" he said while kissing your lips again. this time you kissed back slowly tugging his curls. after a few seconds you sadly had to pull away for breathing. Gilbert smiled at you while bringing his hand up to your hair playing with it again. you buried your head into his chest and dozed of to Gilbert's soft humming.