Tease

you groan as your mother barges into your room. "Y/n wake up! you're late for school!" she says opening the curtains. you stumble out of bed and wash your face. "I have to go, your breakfast is on the table" you mother says. "okay... bye!" you yell as your mother walks downstairs. you quickly get dressed and brush your hair before walking into the kitchen. you quickly eat your breakfast and grab your books. sighing, you put on your coat and walk to school.

it's sunny outside and the trees look beautiful. you look up at some chirping birds before bumping into someone. "I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to were I was going" you look up to see the person you bumped in to is Gilbert Blythe. "it's alright" he smiles and looks down to hide the blush on his face. you notice and smirk. you decide to tease him. "are you blushing Gilbert?" you ask looking at his face. his eyes widen slightly. "no" he says and your smirk gets bigger. "so the fact that you're looking like a tomato is unrelated to me?" you ask as Gilbert's cheeks turn an even deeper red. "I'm just messing with you" you say laughing as you notice Gilbert panic. "wanna walk together?" you ask. Gilbert looks up. "yea! uhh... yea sure" Gilbert smiles and you chuckle softly at how nervous he is. it makes him look really cute.

"how was your weekend?" you ask as you stroll towards the schoolhouse. "it was fine... I just studied" he says with a faint smile. "why? you're literally the smartest person I know" you say chuckling. "oh well thank you..." Gilbert says feeling his cheeks burn again at your compliment. he looks down hoping you don't notice. "I uhh I wanna become a doctor so I just study alot" he says. you raise your eyebrows. "I could see that for you... saving people's lives" you smile at him and he smiles back still blushing.

Gilbert has always been like this around you and you always thought it was cute. you never really talked much but when you did he'd always end up as a blushing mess. you knew he liked you and secretly you always hoped he'd make a move. but you weren't gonna tell him that.

"how was your weekend?" he asks looking away again. "fine... I didn't do much... I also studied... I can't seem to understand those math questions from friday" you say chuckling. "I can help you!" Gilbert says not wanting to miss out on an opportunity to spend time with you. you chuckle. "that's really kind. I could use some help" you say causing Gilbert to smile. "after school at my place?" he asks and you nod smiling.

you notice the schoolhouse coming closer and you quickly peck his cheek before walking towards your desk. "bye"

Gilbert sits down in his seat with crimson red cheeks and a smile. he stares at you from across the room with sparkling eyes.

finally a chance to talk to her.

butterflies float around in his stomach and he can't wait for class to be over. he nervously taps his foot on the floor while waiting for class to be dismissed. you do the same. you don't understand any of the math and you've never been more confused in your life. Mr Phillips gets mad at you a couple times. you brush it off because he never offered any extra help. not that you wanted extra help from him. Gilbert was helping you now and he's a million times better. you quickly glance over to Gilbert to see him staring at you. you wink at him causing his cheeks to flush red. again.

holy sh*t! she winked at me!

he quickly looks away causing you to chuckle. when class is finally over Gilbert jumps up from his seat and grabs his coat. he walks out and waits for you outside.

don't be nervous just act normal.
she just wants help with studying.

Gilbert took a deep breath and smiled at you when you walked towards him. "ready?" Gilbert asks smiling. you nod and start walking. "what do you need help with?" Gilbert asks after a couple of seconds. "just everything math-related really" you say chuckling. Gilbert chuckles as well. "I'm sure you'll get it once I explain it. you're smart Mr Phillips is just an awful teacher who doesn't care about any of his students" Gilbert says looking at you. "except Prissy..." you say chuckling. "I don't know what she sees in him" you add. Gilbert chuckles softly and nods. you notice him looking down. you let your hand brush against his for a second and he immediately tenses up. a smirk appears on your face as you slowly grab his hand. they're soft and a tiny bit sweaty. you look up at his face to see it's bright red again. your smirk gets bigger and you look away feeling your cheeks heat up as well. Gilbert tries to calm down gently squeezing your hand. a smile appears on his face.

maybe she does like me back.

you approach Gilbert's house and he let's go of your hand to open the door for you. "thank you" you mumble as you start taking of your coat. Gilbert closes the door and takes his coat of as well. "I'll make us some tea" he says walking into the kitchen. you follow him and sit down with your schoolbooks. once he's done making tea he hands you a cup and sits down next to you. "so what do you want help with first?" he asks opening your book. "hmm this.." you point at some sums. Gilbert starts explaining and you listen to him. he's better at explaining than Mr Phillips and he isn't even a teacher.

after an hour or two you decide to take a break. "do you understand those sums now?" Gilbert asks. you nod. "yea I believe I do... thank you, I really appreciate the help." you say smiling. "it's no problem. I enjoy your company" he says smiling back at you. "well I'm glad, I enjoy yours" you stare at him admiring his features. he notices you're staring and his cheeks flush red. you smirk at him. "is there a reason you're blushing like that? " you ask in a teasing tone. "I uhh" Gilbert can't seem to bring out any words and you just look at him very amused. "I think... someone... has a little crush on me" you say smirking. Gilbert looks at you. "I think someone has a little crush on me too" he says causing you to raise your eyebrows. "what do you mean?" you ask as Gilbert smirks. you're a bit taken aback by his sudden change of behavior. Gilbert leans closer as he brings his hand up to your face stroking your cheek. your heart starts beating faster as Gilbert's lips come closer and closer. you feel his breath on your face as he slowly brushes your lips with his. but he doesn't kiss you. he's teasing you and you're impatient. you grab his face and kiss him passionately. you can feel him smirk. you slowly pull away and open your eyes to see Gilbert looking at you. "that's what I meant" he says with a huge smirk on his face. "oh you tease!" you say nudging his shoulder. "oh please if anyone here's a tease it's you!" he yells chuckling. you chuckle aswell. "let's just go on with those questions" Gilbert says shaking his head. "fine but I don't think I'll be able to concentrate after this" you say chuckling again. "me neither"

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨