Aaron chapter 1

Debra was a little anxious as she drove to her new job. The job was somewhat different than any other she had attempted. The job itself was easy. The hours were crazy but she loved to drive and this was the only option she had right now. She just lost her job and needed a quick replacement. 10 mins from home seemed ideal for now.

The job itself was on call and you would taxi the crews of a railroad company to whichever destination they required. Easy enough. The hours were long, but she started to view it as a different adventure everyday. No call was the same. The crew that consisted of 2 men were always different. In no time she started learning their names and their personalities.

One afternoon she was sitting there waiting on her crew she was assigned to and she noticed someone pulling into the parking lot. She hadn't seen this vehicle as of yet so she watched in curiosity because she had yet to meet everyone. There were so many crews and she had only been there 2 months and hadn't met everyone.

She continued to watch as he got out of his vehicle. The next thing she knew, her breath caught in her chest. He was about 5ft 10 and tanned with thick tattooed arms. Bald with a small soul patch on his face, eyes covered by sunglasses he paused to light a cigarette. His chest was wide and defined. Legs were thick and muscular from what debra could see and he started walking towards the office where the drivers sat waiting. He had a slow but confident walk. Not cocky just smooth and unhurried. He caught her looking as he crossed in front of the van and nodded in acknowledgement. Her eyes widened and her face flushed at that simple gesture. She forced her hand to wave back, Even if she was embarrassed that he caught her watching him. Dang what the heck was that she thought to herself. She was almost 50 years old and her reaction was that of a teenager. She giggled and shook her head chastising herself for being so silly.

Aaron stopped to light his cigarette. He looked up and saw a new woman sitting in the van line. He tried to act like he didn't notice and walked as slow and deliberate as he could without making it seem like he was watching her as she watched him walking. He was wondering what she looked like since all he could see was a pretty face staring at him. He nodded as he walked by and noticed that she blushed as she waved at him. His brows drew together as he had to fight to keep walking and not turn back around to go introduce himself. What was that?./ he thought to himself. He never once had ever been curious about the drivers since they wouldn't stay long enough to get to know them.

Debra was mortified to think that he may be her passenger this trip. She still had to get down and go let whoever her passengers were that she would be outside waiting till they were ready. Taking a deep breath she exited her van and walked in to the office.

She opened the door and stepped in. Several eyes turned towards her.

"Hi guys I'm here to pick up Mr Cruz." She said cheerfully.

"Oh hey I am Cruz , we will be out shortly." Replied a stocky 5ft 9 man with a beard. Dark hair dark eyes appeared older than what he was. He had a nice smile.

Then as Debra turned to go, there he was, the bald guy but this time no sunglasses on and wow those green eyes. He gave her a little smile and put his pen down. He looked her straight in the eyes and said, "I will be riding with you as well. " His voice was pure honey and sent chills down her spine.

Her eyes widened and her face flushed and she struggled to move.
" Well um ok then, I will be out there whenever you are ready." She stammered out quickly. She hurriedly turned and walked out.

All she heard as she walked out was Mr Cruz laughing at her reaction.
Just before the door closed she heard Cruz tell her mystery guy something. More laughing. She just kept walking to her van.