Aaron - chapter 16

After Aaron had spoken with Maggie and Fred he knew that he him and Debra would have to come out and just show everyone that they were together or shit would fly and feelings would get hurt. The guys could say and make up some really harsh shit. Well he couldn't do much about it now, he needed to get to bed.

Debra got called in the middle of the night. She still felt hungover but she shook it off. Her first trip was to take them north and wait for them to return and help them do their work.

She opened her app to see who her crew was, well dam, it was Austin. This should be an interesting night. She just laughed she was going to have to be on her toes. That was going to require some coffee. Hopefully they will make a stop on the way out.

Austin was doing his paper work when Debra walked in. He was alone and when he saw her he just smiled.

"Hey Austin, I am your driver tonight and your assist as well." she smiled at him.

"So I guess we were seen together." He smiled. "I can play along if you want. That is until you and whoever you are seeing wants to tell everyone."

She stared at him for a moment. "We could but that doesn't mean I am telling you who it is." She laughed.

"Dammit, I was sure that was going to get me the info." He slapped the table like he was really disappointed.

"Look you can do whatever or say whatever you want, it won't bother either of us. We know that rumors are rumors." She smiled.

Austin stood and walked over to her. "You are alright no matter what everyone is saying." He chuckled. "Friends?" he asked her holding his arms out for a hug.

"Yes friends." She went in to hug him and the door swung open. They both turned to see who it was and jumped away from each other.

Brian stood there staring at them. "Well well well." He kept walking in letting the door close behind him.

Austin and Debra didn't know what to say.

Debra just waved at Brian and walked out. Now it was up to Austin to come up with something.

"It's not what it seems" He told Brian.

"Hey man that's you. It's not like she is my woman. You can do whatever you want. Does she at least know you are married?" He said rather rudely.

"She doesn't need to know, we are not together." Austin defended Debra and himself.

"If you say so man, whatever, it's not my business."

"That's right, it's not. Too bad everyone out here blows everything out of proportion. Maybe what they saw was not even what it was." Austin said rather angrily.

"Like I said, it's whatever. If it is you then ok, if it's not then ok. I am happily married and I don't understand some of these guys that do what they do." Said Brian.

"Look dude, let's just work and forget about this. Hostility going to make the night very long if we don't squash this." Austin said.

"Your right dude. Hey sorry just a little irritated. It was a long day with my family didn't get much sleep." Apologized Brian.

"It's all good dude." Austin bumped his fist.

Debra was in the van and she was thinking about what happened. She kinda laughed because it did seem like they had been caught stealing a hug from each other. Oh well she thought, it is what it is.

She wanted to text Aaron but she knew he was asleep. She found herself missing him already.

The trip was uneventful. They stopped for coffee and headed to where the needed to be. She drove back alone to wait for them at the Depot. She turned her radio up so she could hear them when they came in. She laid her seat back and relaxed it would be a while anyway so she was going to take a nap.