Aaron -chapter 4

Debra waited back at the office. She knew it would take a while so she had stopped and grabbed her food and went in. She sat in the corner at one of their tables and put her ear buds in and watched a show while she ate.

She could see that a couple more crews came in. She just waved and continued her meal. One of the guys came and sat across from her. She paused her movie and took her ear buds out. He had spoken to her but she didn't hear him. She looked at him and smiled." I'm sorry I didn't hear you."

Eric had noticed Debra as soon as he came in. She was cute. Wait that was the same chic that always wore sweats and had her hair pulled back. Dam with her hair down and makeup, she was a beauty. She was one of those girls that didn't draw attention to herself he could bet. She wasn't paying attention to no one. In her own little world. Well he was just gonna have to interrupt her life a bit.

"No problem. My name is Eric." He stuck his hand out. She took it.

"I'm Debra" she smiled.

He was rather handsome. He was tall and lean, blonde with sharp blue eyes. His hair was a typical guys cut and his face clean shaven. He had a square jaw and a great smile with straight white teeth. He looked like he would wear khakis and button up shirts with loafers. Almost model perfect.

"So Debra, why haven't I seen you out here before?" He crooned.

She smiled. "Well for one, I haven't been out here long. And I usually just work nights. She didn't have a problem talking to this handsome man. "I haven't seen you either. Do you only work days?"

"Yes I only work 7am to 7pm. Maybe that's why I haven't run into such a pretty girl yet."

She blushed a little. " Ok if you say so." She just let the comment go by without making it more than it was. Just a little flirt she could tell. She had finished her lunch so she stood and gathered her trash "Well Eric is was nice meeting you, but I need to go back out there now. I guess we will see each other around sometime."

"You can bet on that." He said. "You going see me more than you realize." He winked at her and she left.

She waved as she left. He was trouble she giggled. I guess the guys out here were just a bunch of horny men. She shook her head. He was so much younger than she was. She laughed, didn't actually think he was being for real. She was way older and she knew he probably could find him some young pretty woman to mess with. It still felt nice to be flirted with though, she had to admit. It had been so long since anyone even paid attention to her she was flattered.

Aaron and Fred finally made it in and she drove over to meet them. They only had a bit of work to do and then they would be done.
Fred was silent and seemed like he was in a bad mood compared to earlier. Debra kept her thoughts to herself. Fred finished and they went up to meet Aaron. They got all there gear and they went to the office to sign out of the job.

While they were on their trip Fred finally asked Aaron about why he was upset earlier.

"So you gonna tell me what happened with Debra?" Fred asked nonchalantly.

Aaron looked over at him and his brow wrinkled up in thought.
"I just don't know man. You know I'm not ready to be seeing anyone. Plus you know what a disaster the last chic was." Aaron was thoughtful and his face softened a bit as he spoke.
"I feel like I have known Debra forever and I can't seem to keep my distance from her. I just want to snatch her up and love on her." He looked at Fred again.
"You know what I mean. I want to shelter her and take care of her. I don't even know her like that to feel that way. Too weird and I don't want to feel like this. I don't know if I am ready and I am afraid that if I let this happen, I will end up hurting her because of my own fears of commitment. She doesn't seem like a fling kinda woman." He paused.
"Listen to me acting like a school boy. What the hell is wrong with me." He looked at Fred again almost pleading with him to tell him what he should do.