Chapter 23 - Pie

*Gwen POV*

Once we got settled in my house we started to prepare for dinner tonight. My dad and I were preparing dinner Mel and her parents, the boys, and Shelby.

That's the most we have ever fed in a while. We weren't ones to really embrace the family gathering of Thanksgiving. But I was glad we were starting to.

"Hey Gwendolyn why don't you Mel and Shelby make the pie? I gotta have some guy time with your friends" My dad said.

"Okay love you daddy!" I smile.

He leaves the house and I go to my bedroom to get Shelby.

I knock on the door as I walk in to see Shelby on her laptop editing her video. As per usual.

"Hey Shelby help me bake pie!" I say.

"OH MY GOD YOU ARE A GENIUS!" Shelby screams.

"What?"

"I can film us baking! It's a perfect video."

Great.

"I'd have to ask Mel first but I'm down."

"GREAT ILL SET UP."

I text Mel if she can come over and help Shelby and I. She said yes and managed to show up in less than five minutes.

"Hey suckers." Said Mel as she entered my house.

"Hey Mel!" Shelby and I respond.

"So you ready to film?" Shelby asks.

"Why not?"

-

"OKAY ERRYBUDDY WE ABOUT TO GET TURNT AS FRICK IN HERE SO LEMME HERE A P!" I chant.

"P!" Shelby and Mel laugh.

"GIMME AN I!"

"I"

"GIVE ME AN E!"

"E!"

"WHATS THAT SPELL?!"

"PIEEEEE!" Shelby Mel and I start doing a funny dance.

Right now we were killing time while the Pies were baking in the oven. And it was quite fun. But we were interrupted. By the worst interruption.

Water guns. Manned by the boys.

"HAHAHA EAT MY WATER" Connor screamed.

"THE PIE!"

Lightbulb.

I swiftly grab a pie and throw it blindly hoping to hit a target. When I turn to see I find a pie covered Ricky.

"GWEN YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT" Ricky yelled.

I ran straight ahead not knowing where I was going because of the water hitting my eyes. But of course I fell.

On top of someone.

When I opened my eyes, it was a smiling Ricky Dillon.

"Hi." He smiles.

"Hi." I say back.

We stay like this for a while but I push myself off as soon as I heard the door open.

And it was no mystery as to who it was.

-

HOW WAS YOUR THANKSGIVING BAES?! Mine was great and full of food. I hope you all have a great day :)