Chapter 1- Goodbye Nashville Hello Birmingham

So this is the first chapter of ordinary! I probably will not update as often on here until OSFG is finished. Then all my focus will go hardcore on this story. I am excited for you guys to read this story.

*Gwen POV*

"That's the last of your bags Gwen." My dad looks so emotional.

I hug him and smile at him.

"Your mother would be so proud of you sweetheart..." Dad says with tears in his eyes.

"I know.. I owe this to you mom.." I look up at the sky as I say those words. My mom died when I was 10 when she was in the war. My mom was a Navy Seal, she was in combat in front of a grenade.. Then BOOM SMASH KABAM There was nothing to bury..

"Oh one more thing." I secretly thank my dad for snapping me out of those sad and dark thoughts. Dad hands me an envelope.

I am about to tear it open until be stops me.

"Mom said not to open it until your 20th birthday."

"Dad... That's two whole years!" I whine

"So? Wait.. It might be important for that time." Dad smirks.

"Fine dad.." I sigh.

"Shouldn't Melanie be here to see you off?"

"Yeah.. But I don't know where she could be?"

"GWENNIE!!" I hear my best friend Melanie scream.

"MELANIE" I scream back in a sarcastic tone.

"I will give you girls some time alone I need to um. get my... my... oh I need to double check Gwen's room to make sure she didn't leave anything." Dad says clearly feeling awkward about the situation.

"Ok have fun Mr.Castle!" Mel plasters a smile that barbie would envy.

"Oh my gosh Mel.. What's up with the fake attitude with my dad?"

"Whatever.. He knows I'm joking.."

"We- Wait we are off topic what did you want to say while running and screaming toward my house?"

"Oh yeah!" Thats when she gets down on her knees in full on begging Mel mode and yells "DONT LEAVE GO TO COLLEGE IN ALABAMA! GO TO NEW YORK WITH ME!"

I sigh. Even though I would miss Melanie so much, Alabama had better oppurtunities for me education wise. Plus Samford is where my mom went to college.. She always wanted me to go there, and I want to make her proud.

"Melanie, you know that-" Mel cuts me off saying

"Going to college in Birmingham Alabama has better oppurtunities educationwise and you owe this to your mom.."

This girl.. How can I live without her?

"I am gonna miss you so much Mel..." I say trying not to cry

"Me too Gwennie.. Promise me we will call text, skype, oovoo, kik, Tweet, snapchat, and okhello each other as much as possible?"

"Of course! Although I don't know about all of those social medias..." I say chuckling.

"Gwen I'm joking... I love you so much though..." She pulls me into a warm embrace. I gave up trying not to cry and let all the tears out. She does the same. I pull away from the hug and smile at her. I have been through so much with her. To think that I have to go through college without her breaks my heart...

"See you later Melanie. No goodbyes or forgetting me whatsoever got it?"

She laughs. "Got it."

"Maybe got it can be our Okay?" I say finishing the scene

"Got it." She smiles.

With that she starts walking back to her house that is only a few houses down from me. Before I forget I yell after her

"HAVE FUN IN NYC!!!"

"I WILL LOVE YOU GWEN!"

With that I go back to my house and I find my dad at the front of the house.

I throw my arms around him.

"I love you daddy." I mumble into his chest.

"I love you too Gwen.. Go make mom and I proud..."

"I will." That's when I head to my Kia Sole and put the keys in the ignition. I start the engine. That's when I started the long awaited drive to Alabama.

I smile.

Goodbye Nashville, Hello Birmingham.....

So that was the first chapter everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed it (:

o2l will be introduced later. I don't want to rush anything in this.. so be patient for o2l everyone. they will be here. Otherwise I gotta go bc

Im

2

Fab

4

U

BAIIIIIIII MY FIERCE FRIES! (That's what I call you guys. like French fries but fierce.)