Chapter. 21 Surprise

Zoey's parents' silver wedding anniversary celebration was in full swing. Many friends and relatives of the couple came to celebrate this special day with them. Also some of their Korean friends were there and some of them knew Zhan as well.

Zhan wondered if he should ask them about his parents. Maybe they could tell him how they are doing. Since he himself couldn't just call them and ask them. Which also brought Zhan back to you questioning why his lawyer hadn't contacted him again.

Actually, Zhan's lawyer had promised to inform him about everything, but he hadn't heard from him for a month now. Did this mean something good or not?

Zhan also knew that when the trial in Seoul starts, he would have to go back to Seoul to testify. Something he hadn't told Yibo before. Not because he didn't want him to know, but because he didn't want him to worry.

But he decided to talk to Yibo about it in the coming days. He did not want to wait until his lawyer contacted him and sent him to Seoul. He absolutely had to clarify this before.

"Xiao Zhan?" Somebody asked. Zhan turned to the person and recognized the couple, who are good friends with his parents.

"Yes, it really is you. So this is where they sent you. We were wondering where they hid you." Said Mr. Kim.

"I study in Beijing, that's why I'm here." Explained Zhan. Yibo stood beside him and looked at Zhan questioningly.

"Um, this is Mr. Kim and his wife. They are good friends of my parents." He explained to Yibo.

"And you live here in this house now?" Asked Mrs. Kim.

"No, I live in a flat share with Yibo and two others." Explained Zhan and pointed to Yibo.

"Are you just friends or is there more to it?" Mrs. Kim was curious to know.

"Yibo and I are together. We are a couple." Zhan replied honestly.

"And your parents let you do this? What about Seo Joon?" Asked Mr. Kim.

"Zhan doesn't need our permission. He is our son no matter who he is with." Zhan hurriedly turned around to the voice and fell into the person's arms, crying. It was his mother and next to her was his father.

"My dear boy, we have missed you so incredibly." Told Zhan's mother and kissed his face. His father took Zhan in his arms and pressed him so tightly that he almost lost his breath.

"Hello, Wang Yibo. I am Zhan's mother. It's nice to meet you." She said to Yibo and reached out her hand to him.

Yibo bowed to the parents of Zhan and returned the greeting with a handshake. "I am pleased to meet you, too." He said politely.

Zhan, Yibo and Zhan's parents went outside where it was quieter. Zhan's mother held on to his arm and shone happily at him. "You look good my child. You seem to be doing really well here." She said, kissing Zhan on his cheek.

"Thanks, Ma, I'm doing really well here. I am happy to finally see you again. How long are you staying?" Zhan wanted to know.

"I'm afraid we're leaving tomorrow, my boy. Your mother has an important court case on Monday." Explained the father of Zhan.

"I see. Too bad, but I understand." Zhan replied.

"Well, you can come home with us." Said Zhan's father. Zhan looked at him questioningly. So there was something the lawyer didn't tell him after all?

"But I'm not allowed to leave the country." He said and felt Yibo staring at him in fright.

"We only learned last night that the case against us has been dropped. We are allowed to have contact with you again and you may return home at any time." Explained Zhan's mother and held him by both hands.

"That's good to know, Ma. But right now, I don't want to leave. I like Beijing, I study here and here is Yibo." Said Zhan and smiled at Yibo.

" You two make a beautiful couple and we understand. Maybe you will come and visit us together soon? We would love to get to know your boyfriend better." Said Zhan's father affectionately.

Zhan approached Yibo and took his hand. "If that's what Yibo wants, then fine." Zhan replied. Yibo gave Zhan a loving smile and nodded.

"Oh, yes. Do you have enough money left? Or do you need anything else?" Asked Zhan's father worried.

"Almost all of the money you transferred to me is still there." Zhan proudly explained.

"You're not going to work while you're studying, are you? You know we don't want that. We want you to be able to focus on your studies. And, of course, your boyfriend. If you need anything, anything at all, just call us." Said Zhan's mother.

Zhan's mother whispered in Zhan's ear. "You really have good taste. And I'm glad you're finally blossoming. I've heard only good things and I'm proud of you. Also that you're finally starting to make your own choices."

"Do you think you'll have time to look at the flat share tomorrow? I mean before you leave." Asked Zhan.

His parents told him that they would definitely take the time to do so because they were interested in where and how their son was living now.

Half an hour later Zhan's parents went back into the house and left Zhan and Yibo outside. Yibo pulled Zhan towards to him and kissed him. "I love you ZhanZhan." He whispered.

With a broad smile on his face, Zhan replied. "I love you too, my dear."

"Your parents seem super nice. And they seem to accept me as your new boyfriend. Honestly, I'm really relieved about that." Said Yibo while holding Zhan tightly.

"They seem to like you. And my mother told me I have good taste and that they are proud of me. And they welcome the fact that I'm finally making my own decisions." Explained Zhan to him.

The two decided to spend the rest of the evening outside alone. Every now and then one or the other guest came out to have a smoke, but mostly the two were alone.

Around midnight, Zoey joined them outside. They had not seen her all day because she had argued with her parents and locked herself in her room.

She wondered how great it was that Zhan was able to meet his parents and now he can have contact with them again anytime. About how loving and nice they are and how much she wished her parents were the same.

She babbled lively for an hour before she was called inside by her aunt. "Why don't you leave the boys alone for a while?" Had called her aunt. An older woman in her 60s.

As soon as the two of them were alone again, Yibo grabbed Zhan's hand and ran with him to the garden and to the pavilion. Tonight it was lit up and they were surprised that someone was sitting there.

"S-Seo Joon!" Stuttered Zhan.