Chapter 28. Just you and me...

We are taking a giant leap of three years. Yibo has finished his studies and Zhan is in his final year at university.

Not much had changed for Zhan and Yibo in the past three years. They are still together and still very happy. They also got married a year ago.

Although they had wanted to wait until Zhan finished his studies, Yibo decided he didn't want to wait any longer. Well, maybe it was because he wanted to make it clear to everyone who Zhan belongs to.

Because Yibo saw too many men and women chasing after Zhan in the university. And with a ring on Zhan's finger, they would probably finally realize that they don't stand a chance and that Zhan already belongs to someone. At least that was the answer Yibo gave when Zhan asked him why he was suddenly in such a hurry to get married.

And they had also planned, at least until the end of Zhan's studies, to live together with the other two. But that had also changed in the last month.

Yibo thought that he and Zhan finally needed their own four walls. He didn't want the other two to be in the next room anymore and so they always had to hold back when they made love.

Besides, Seungyoun and Zoey are now a couple, too. Actually, they have been a couple for almost two years now. And the two also oftentimes want to have some time together. Which, when there are three others in the apartment, is not possible.

But Yibo only cared about himself and his Zhan. So he begged Zhan for weeks and pleaded with him to find a home with him. He kept telling Zhan he had to remember, "It's just you and me."

So Zhan gave in and together they set off in search of an apartment or a small house. In the end, it had become a small house. And because they, as a married couple, also thought about their future, they bought the house.

Zhan and Yibo had not been separated for a single day since they returned from Seoul after Zhan's accident. Day and night, for three years, not a single day without each other. And yet, they never felt annoyed by each other, hardly ever argued and if they did, they rather fought about trivial things and never went to bed without having reconciled before.

However, a new challenge awaited the two of them. Because in just a few days Yibo has to go overseas for a couple of months. The company where he works sends him away for a couple of months to help set up a daughter company of his company.

The thought of not being able to see each other for a long time soon made both of them sad. Yibo was even totally exhausted when his boss told him that he should go overseas. And because this is just a part of his work, he couldn't refuse it. And because Zhan is still studying, he can't accompany him either.

It also made Yibo sad that he can't be at the wedding of his big brother and Seo Joon. The two will get married in one month, after they have been a couple for three years now, too, and they also don't want to be without each other anymore.

After the divorce of their parents Yibo and his brother practically only had each other. His father married his girlfriend and is expecting their second child with her. And his mother followed her partner to Croatia, where she lives with him and his mother. He rarely has contact with his parents and they didn't seem to miss him or his brother either.

At the latest when Hai Kuan told his parents that he was also gay, they turned away from them more and more and did not contact them at all. This is very hard for Hai Kuan, because he always had a good relationship with both of them. But at the same time he has found new parents in his future parents-in-law who love him like a son.

Zhan tried to motivate himself. He told himself that the time when Yibo will not be there, he will simply concentrate more on his studies. Anyway, the first exams will start soon and he has to learn a lot for that.

Besides, what's a few months if they still have the rest of their lives together? It won't be that bad. Time will pass quickly and they will see each other again soon. This is what Zhan told himself over and over again. He rattled it off like a mantra, hoping to believe it himself someday.

To make sure Yibo didn't feel any worse than he already did, Zhan pretended to be strong and tried everything possible to prove to Yibo that he could handle it. But the closer the day of Yibo's departure came, the worse Zhan felt. Still he gave everything to calm Yibo.

"We talk on the phone every day, we write each other every day. If there's anything, you contact me immediately. No matter what time, I'm always available for you. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone. Don't flirt with others. Eat well every day and don't forget to drink enough water. Don't drink alcohol. It's bad for you." This and much more Yibo told Zhan for more than a week every day.

Zhan knew that Yibo was just saying that he was scared, worried and would miss him. "Don't worry, I'll take care of myself and won't forget you." Zhan used to say that to calm Yibo down.

But Zhan himself was also afraid, he was also worried. Especially when he thought about the fact that his colleague will accompany Yibo, who is also gay and more than once tried to make beautiful eyes at Yibo.

Yes Zhan trusts Yibo completely. Nevertheless, he is worried and can't easily put off the fear that Yibo's colleague will try something. Especially since the two have to share an apartment. The company has rented an apartment where the two will live while they are overseas.

They have also decided not to say goodbye at the airport. They want to do this at home in peace. Maybe also because they don't want to show their tears to others. And there would be guaranteed to be tears.

 And there would be guaranteed to be tears