Chapter 27. A whole month

A whole month passed before Zhan received the permission from the doctor to travel again. A whole month that Yibo had spent at Zhan's side.

But Zhan and Yibo were not the only ones who spent the month together. Hai Kuan also stayed in Seoul. Although he claimed that he would stay for Yibo to support his little brother. But Zhan and Yibo knew this was just an excuse.

Because, of course, the two had not escaped their attention how close Seo Joon and Hai Kuan had become. They even pretended not to have seen Hai Kuan sneaking into Seo Joon's room almost every evening and only coming out in the early morning.

And just like everyone else, they also pretended not to hear the distinct noises that came out of Seo Joon's room at night.

It had already been going on for two weeks when Zhan's father asked in the morning at breakfast if Hai Kuan would like to bring his things to Seo Joon's room. The two first stared at each other and then at the others.

"You should know that nothing is kept secret in this house for long." Said Zhan's father laughing. That day, they both admitted to being a couple. And from then on, Hai Kuan officially slept in the room with Seo Joon.

But that wasn't all. Because Hai Kuan had decided to stay in Seoul. He and Seo Joon want to stay together and, if things continue to go well between them, they want to look for an apartment and live together there.

And thanks to Zhan's mother, Hai Kuan found a job within days. A permanent position in a company that is supported by Zhan's family.

Hai Kuan also asked Zhan for a private conversation. Zhan agreed and could already guess what it was about.

"I wanted to ask you if it's OK for you to have your brother and me together? I mean, since you two were once a couple." Hai Kuan wanted to know about Zhan. And this is exactly the question Zhan had been waiting for, or rather, he had been expecting.

"It doesn't bother me in the least. Just be good to him. Even though he may seem like a tough guy, inside he's soft." Zhan replied calmly and with a smile.

"Are you really okay with this?" Asked Hai Kuan.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I? If you guys are happy, I'm happy. I am with Yibo and I want to stay with Yibo. All I see in Seo Joon is my big brother." Explained Zhan.

Hai Kuan was relieved. He explained to Zhan that it had put a little strain on him, the fear that Zhan might have something against the relationship. Because Seo Joon had probably told him that if Zhan doesn't agree, there won't be a future between the two.

"I don't know why he said that, but I would never get involved in a relationship my brother is in." Zhan said on it.

"He cares about you. And he cares about your opinion, too. Besides, you will always be in his heart. You're his first love and not just his little brother." Hai Kuan replied.

"Don't worry, OK? Just be happy with him and you can block out everything else. I have no intention of opposing your relationship, nor do I want Seo Joon back. Sure we share a past, as brothers but also as a couple. But that doesn't mean I would take the right to demand anything from him." Said Zhan seriously.

"But I want to beg you for something, Zhan. Please be good to my little brother. When he didn't know what was going on and thought you wanted to break up with him, he felt very bad. We were all very worried about him. He loves you so much that he can't be without you. So promise me, no matter what your future holds for you. That you' II always stand by him and take care of his feelings." Said Hai Kuan.

"I promise you that! And it was not my intention for Yibo to worry. It had been an accident and everyone was so shocked that no one thought to inform Yibo. It went badly. Besides, I wouldn't just give up on Yibo. I love him and I want to be with him even if things didn't go well." Explained Zhan.

They talked for a while before Yibo interrupted them. "I miss my boyfriend. I do not want to wait any longer. What do you have to talk about so long? And why can't I be there?" Scolded Yibo.

Zhan stood up, took Yibo's hand and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Calm down OK? I just gave your brother my blessing for the relationship between him and Seo Joon. Also I promised him I'll take good care of you." Explained Zhan grinning.

Yibo took Zhan in his arms and held him close. Carefully without hurting him because of his broken ribs. "As long as you don't leave me, all is well. You can do whatever you want, just don't leave me." Whispered Yibo into Zhan's ear.

Zhan grinned broadly and replied, "Yes Yibo, I love you too."

Since Zhan had been put on bed rest, Yibo brought him back to the room where he helped Zhan lie down again. Then Yibo snuggled next to him and protested that three quarters of an hour without him was already too much.

Back in Beijing, Yibo had called his parents and asked them to come and talk to him. They came to the shared flat one day later. Yibo talked to them alone for a while before he called Zhan and introduced him to his parents.

"This is my ZhanZhan and I will spend at least the rest of my life at his side. He makes me happy and I wanted to tell you about him at our last family reunion. I wanted to tell you that I finally found someone who is the perfect match for me and whom I love more than anything." Explained Yibo when he introduced Zhan to his parents.

Zhan greeted them politely and bowed to them. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He said smiling.

Yibo's father shook hands with Zhan while Yibo's mother even hugged Zhan.

"Just be good to our boy and don't break his heart. Then I'm sure we'll always get along well together." Said Yibo's father.

"I am glad Yibo has finally found someone who obviously really loves him. Take good care of each other." That's what Yibo's mother said when she hugged Zhan

Zhan found Yibo's parents friendly, but also restless and a little heartless. Because the two of them were writing and phoning their new partners while Yibo was sitting next to them.

Yibo's parents stayed even for coffee before they were suddenly in a hurry to get back to their partners.

It didn't escape Zhan's notice, of course, that Yibo was angry at his parents. So Zhan took Yibo in his arms and kissed him. "No matter what happens. You and I don't end up like this! I love you and that' not going to change." He said to Yibo.

"If you and I get married one day, it will be forever. I love you too ZhanZhan. And I hope you and I will get married after college at the latest. I want to spend the rest of my life with you as my husband." Explained Yibo before kneeling in front of Zhan and presenting a small box with a ring.

"Xiao Zhan, will you marry me?" Asked Yibo as he held the ring out to Zhan.

Zhan had tears in his eyes. "Yes, I will marry you." He said with tears of joy in his eyes.

Something Zhan never expected had happened. Not only did he find a new friend and a new boyfriend. But someone he loved more than words could ever describe. And that person wants to marry him.

 And that person wants to marry him